Pathfinder 2 – Artefact
Shattered Star – Shard of Greed
As part of my conversion process of bringing the Shattered Star over to second edition is to convert the artefacts. While there are no examples of this in the game as yet, (at least from the books I am referencing) I hope to catch the feel and flavour of the existing items.
New Property Traits:
- Artefact: Artefacts cannot travel through astral space, and will not go through gates or any form of teleport teleportation (including fey step), remaining behind when the holder of the item uses such movement. Any exceptions are up to the god who provides the divine spark for the item.
Shard of Greed
- Traits: Artefact, Transmutation
- The Shard of Greed is made of black adamantine.
- Special Power – While invested in the Shard of Pride, you can get a vision of where to find the next shard in the set. That being the Shard of Lust.
- Powers – This item provides a +2 insight bonus on saves versus transmutation spells, and gains a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls to a person who carries this item, and has it imbedded in the skin can activate the following properties:
- Mirror Image (1 per day)
- Set Item – This item grows in power when combined with an Aeon Stone and with the other six shards.
- Aeon Stone – Pink Rhomboid – When you invest this stone, you gain 15 temporary Hit Points. If the stone’s effects are suppressed, you lose any of the temporary Hit Points remaining until it returns. The temporary Hit Points refresh during your daily preparations; they do not refresh if you re-invest the stone, or invest another pink rhomboid aeon stone, before then. The resonant power allows you to cast the stabilize cantrip as a divine innate spell.
- Curse: owner becomes greedy, and is sickened whenever she is not wearing at least 50 gp per Hit Die/Level in non-magical jewelry and fine clothing. Each time the owner sells a belonging or gives one away, she must succeed at a flat check DC 11 or take 1d4 points of Wisdom damage.
- PF2 References: Mirror Image (pf2-rb-cr-352), Pink Rhomboid (pf2-rb-cr-604)
The Pathfinder 1 version of the item.
- Shard of Pride (Major Artifact)
- Aura overwhelming transmutation; CL 25th
- Slot none; Weight 1 lb.
- The Shard of Greed is made of black adamantine. As long as the Shard of Greed is carried, its owner can use haste as a spell-like ability once per day, gains a +2 insight bonus on saves versus transmutation spells, and gains a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls.
- Curse: The owner becomes greedy, and is sickened whenever she is not wearing at least 500 gp per Hit Die in non-magical jewelry and fine clothing. Each time the owner sells a belonging or gives one away, she must succeed at a DC 20 Will save or take 1d4 points of Wisdom damage.
As the item uses Ioun stones to power it, which have become Aeon Stones in Pathfinder 2, I am changing the stones to match the traiditon and sin. When a correct stone is places in the shard, it provides the same resonance bonus as if it was a wayfinder.
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.