Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Magical Item – Cube of Force
Base Item – Cube of Force
Rare Item Value
Price: 2d10 x1,000 gp (2,000 to 20,000) – 50% for consumable items
Base Price: 12,000 gp or 6,000 gp for expendable
Expendable Items can be attuned on use, at the cost of a random attuned item and slot.
Cursed Items auto attune on use and replace a random attuned item and slot.
Magical Items – C – Common, U – Uncommon, R – Rare, VR – Very Rare, L – Legendary, A – Artefact, Cu – Cursed
- Magical Item – Rare – Cube of Force – 12,000 gp
- Standard: This cure is about an inch across. Each face has a distinct marking on it that can be pressed. The cube starts with 6 charges and regains 1 charges at dawn.
- Activating a side creates a barrier of invisible shimmering force springing into existence, forming a cube 15 feet on a side. The barrier is centered on you, moves with you, and lasting 1 minute.
- Each side activates a different effect. Gas Barrier (1 charge), Non-living matter barrier (2 charges), Living matter barrier (3 charges), Spell barrier (4 charges), Everything barrier (5 charge), or deactivate the existing barrier. Floors, walls and ceilings can pass through the barrier at your discretion.
- Spell and spell effects remove charges: Disintegrate (1d12), Horn of Blasting (1d10), Passwall (1d6), Prismatic Spray (1d20), Wall of Fire (1d4).
- Attunement: The number of charges increases to 36, and you regain 1d20 charges at dawn.
- Relic: A Dragon using this item can surround themselves, even if they are larger than huge, and can include anyone willing to share their space.
Example Campaign Items – Cube of Force
Original Item – Cube of Force
Source: Dungeon Masters Guide (dmg159)
CUBE OF FORCE
Wondrous item, rare (requires attunement)
This cube is about an inch across. Each face has a distinct marking on it that can be pressed. The cube starts with 36 charges, and it regains 1d20 expended charges daily at dawn.
You can use an action to press one of the cube’s faces, expending a number of charges based on the chosen face, as shown in the Cube of Force Faces table. Each face has a different effect. If the cube has insufficient charges remaining, nothing happens. Otherwise, a barrier of invisible force springs into existence, forming a cube 15 feet on a side. The barrier is centered on you, moves with you, and lasts for 1 minute, until you use an action to press the cube’s sixth face, or the cube runs out of charges. You can change the barrier’s effect by pressing a different face of the cube and expending the requisite number of charges, resetting the duration.
If your movement causes the barrier to come into contact with a solid object that can’t pass through the cube, you can’t move any closer to that object as long as the barrier remains.
- CUBE OF FORCE FACES
- Face – Charges – Effect
- 1 – 1 – Gases, wind, and fog can’t pass through the barrier.
- 2 – 2 – Nonliving matter can’t pass through the barrier. Walls, floors, and ceilings can pass through at your discretion.
- 3 – 3 – Living matter can’t pass through the barrier.
- 4 – 4 – Spell effects can ‘t pass through the barrier.
- 5 – 5 – Nothing can pass through the barrier. Walls, floors, and ceilings can pass through at yo ur discretion.
- 6 – 0 – The barrier deactivates.
The cube loses charges when the barrier is targeted by certain spells or comes into contact with certain spell or magic item effects, as shown in the table below.
- Spell or Item – Charges Lost
- Disintegrate – ldl2
- Horn of blasting – ldlO
- Passwall – ld6
- Prismatic spray – ld20
- Wall of fire – ld4
Tuesday Items: T001, T002, T003, T004, T005, T006, T007, T008, T009, T010, T011, T012, T013, T014, T015, T016, T017, T018, T019, T020, T021, T022, T023, T024, T025, T026, T027, T028, T029, T030, T031, T032, T033, T034, T035, T036, T037, T038, T039, T040, T041, T042, T043, T044, T045, T046, T047, T048, T049, T050, T051, T052, T054, T055, T056, T057, T058, T059, T060, T061, T062, T063, T064, T065, T066, T067, T068, T069, T070, T071, T072, T073, T074, T075
Wednesday Items: W001, W002, W003, W004, W005, W006, W007, W008, W009, W010, W011, W012, W013, W014, W015, W016, W017, W018, W019, W020, W021, W023, W024, W027, W028, W029, W030, W031, W032, W033, W034, W035, W038, W039, W040, W041, W042, W043, W044, W045, W047, W048, W049, W050, W051, W052, W054, W055, W056, W058, W059, W061, W062, W063, W064, W065
Friday Items: F002, F005, F006, F007, F008, F009, F010, F012, F014, F016, F019, F025, F026, F027, F028, F029, F030, F031, F032, F033, F034, F035, F036, F037, F038, F039, F040, F041, F042, F043, F044, F047, F048, F049, F050, F051, F052, F054, F055
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.