Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Magical Item – Carpet of Flying – Medium
Base Item – Carpet of Flying – Medium
Very Rare Item Value
Price: (1d4+1) x10,000 gp (20,000 to 50,000 gp) – 50% for consumable items
Base Price: 30,000 gp or 15,000 gp for expendable
Expendable Items can be attuned on use, at the cost of a random attuned item and slot.
Cursed Items auto attune on use and replace a random attuned item and slot.
Magical Items – C – Common, U – Uncommon, R – Rare, VR – Very Rare, L – Legendary, A – Artefact, Cu – Cursed
- Magical Item – Very Rare – Carpet of Flying – Medium – 30,000 gp
- Standard: You can speak the carpet’s command word as an action to make the carpet hover and fly. It moves according to your spoken directions, provided that you are within 30 feet of it. A carpet can carry up to twice the weight shown on the table, but it flies at half speed if it carries more than its normal capacity.
- This carpet can roll out to 5 ft x 10 ft, can carry 400 lb and has a speed of 60 ft.
- Attunement: While attuned to the item, you can command it mentally within visual range.
- Relic: An attuned human can move an extra 20 ft while on the carpet when alone. An Alasiyan can share the attunement of this item with another Alasiyan item, gains the extra movement without attunement and does not need to be alone on the carpet.
Example Campaign Items – Carpet of Flying – Medium
Original Item – Carpet of Flying
Source: Dungeon Masters Guide (dmg157)
CARPET OF FLYING
Wondrous item, very rare
You can speak the carpet’s command word as an action to make the carpet hover and fly. It moves according to your spoken directions, provided that you are within 30 feet of it.
Four sizes of carpet of flying exist. The DM chooses the size of a given carpet or determines it randomly.
- d100 – Size – Capacity – Flying Speed
- 01- 20 – 3 ft. X 5 ft. – 200 lb. – 80 feet
- 21-55 – 4ft. X 6ft. – 400 lb. – 60 feet
- 56- 80 – 5 ft . X 7 ft. – 600 lb. – 40 feet
- 81-100 – 6ft. X 9ft. – 800 lb. – 30 feet
A carpet can carry up to twice the weight shown on the table, but it flies at half speed if it carries more than its normal capacity.
Tuesday Items: T001, T002, T003, T004, T005, T006, T007, T008, T009, T010, T011, T012, T013, T014, T015, T016, T017, T018, T019, T020, T021, T022, T023, T024, T025, T026, T027, T028, T029, T030, T031, T032, T033, T034, T035, T036, T037, T038, T039, T040, T041, T042, T043, T044, T045, T046, T047, T048, T049, T050, T051, T052, T054, T055, T056, T057, T058, T059, T060, T061, T062, T063, T064, T065, T066, T067, T068, T069, T070, T071, T072, T073, T074, T075
Wednesday Items: W001, W002, W003, W004, W005, W006, W007, W008, W009, W010, W011, W012, W013, W014, W015, W016, W017, W018, W019, W020, W021, W023, W024, W027, W028, W029, W030, W031, W032, W033, W034, W035, W038, W039, W040, W041, W042, W043, W044, W045, W047, W048, W049, W050, W051, W052, W054, W055, W056, W058, W059, W061, W062, W063, W064, W065
Friday Items: F002, F005, F006, F007, F008, F009, F010, F012, F014, F016, F019, F025, F026, F027, F028, F029, F030, F031, F032, F033, F034, F035, F036, F037, F038, F039, F040, F041, F042, F043, F044, F047, F048, F049, F050, F051, F052, F054, F055
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.