Star Wars – Adversary Data File
Rival – Mid-Sized Dianoga
Creatures of the Galaxy
Few creatures have benefited as much from spaceflight as the dianoga. Though coming from Vodran originally, the dianoga has a predilection for hitching rides in space-going vessels. More specifically, it lives in the garbage disposal facilities of starships and from there this monstrous cephalopod has spread to the waste disposal facilities of cities and space stations across the galaxy.
Dianogas are self-fertilizing hermaphrodites and naturally translucent, making them hard to eradicate and spot. The dianoga’s larval form is almost microscopic, allowing it to sneak aboard starships easily. However, it can grow to be up to 10 meters across, a writhing collection of tentacles surrounding a fanged maw and central body core. The dianoga has a single eye on a stalk that it can extend out of the water while the bulk of the creature remains below the surface. The dianoga is scavenger and hunter both and while it primarily survives on garbage, it’s more than happy to eat anything that ends up in its lair, alive or not.
Fantasy Flight Games Rules – Mid-Sized Dianoga [Rival]
Source: Edge of the Empire – Core Rules (sw-ffg-ee-cr p.415)
Mid-Sized Dianoga [Rival]
Brawn 4 – Agility 2 – Intellect 1 – Cunning 2 – Willpower 1 – Presence 1
Soak Value 4 – Wound Threshold 22 – Melee/Ranged Defence 0/0
- Skills: Brawl 2, Perception 1, Stealth 4, Survival 2, Vigilance 3
- Adversary 1 – Upgrade difficulty of all combat checks against this target once.
- Amphibious – Diagnogas may breathe underwater without penalty and never suffer movement penalties for travelling through water.
- Crushing Grip – A dianoga has many tentacles and can maintain a grip on an unfortunate with some while attacking with others. As long as it has a victim immobilized by its tentacles, it inflicts 2 strain and 1 wound at the start of the victims turn. A dianoga is an aquatic creature and a creature immobilized beneath the surface may well start drowning (see ee-cr 214)
- Tentacles (Brawl; Damage 5; Critical 4; Range Engaged; Ensnare 4, Knockdown)
Game Master Notes
Rebel Alliance: Liaison
Underworld: Arms Dealer, Assassin (Defel), Black Marketeer (Twi-lek), Black Sun Vigo, Enforcer (Barabel), Forger, Hutt (Agent Jora, Crime Lord), Infochant, Loan Shark, Pilot-For-Hire (Sullustan), Pirate (Captain, Crew), Shipjacker, Slaver, Slicer, Smuggler (Baron), Street Tough, Swoop Ganger, Thug (Aqualish, Gamorrean)
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.