Star Wars – Adversary Data File
Nemesis – Defel Assassin
Galactic Underworld – Assassin
The Galactic Underworld – The Galactic Civil War is a struggle between the Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic. In between the two, however, are the dark shadows of the underworld. In these gray areas, criminals find opportunities for profit by selecting one side or another to assist or, more commonly, by playing both sides against one another in an extremely dangerous, if rewarding, game. Many factions within the underworld have suffered significantly at the hands of the ruthless Empire, and as a result are happy to lend their assistance to the Rebellion – although not for free. Desperate for supplies and equipment, the Alliance is happy to make deals with anyone who will assist them, although they draw the line at such horrendous offenses as slaving and trafficking in some forms of spice.
The Empire, on the other hand, typically has little use for criminal elements. There are exceptions, as the Emperor himself has connections with the Black Sun crime syndicate, and individual officers and Moffs may have agendas that lend themselves to cooperation with criminals. For the most part, the Empire does not endorse or support underworld connections. The most notable exceptions are bounty hunters, whose cruelty and ruthlessness have gained them recognition as legal representatives who can count upon the Empire for some of their more lucrative contracts.
From Edge of the Empire
Murder for hire is a thriving business in galactic society and those who need the utmost in discretion or who require the death of a particularly cautious or protected target choose to pay for a Defel assassin. The Defel are bestial in appearance, and are consummate hunters and predators. They are masters of infiltration, stealth, and sudden bouts of vicious but silent violence. Many choose to train in a variety of melee weapons, but just as many choose to rely upon their natural weapons, either teeth or claws.
Fantasy Flight Games Rules – Defel Assassin [Nemesis]
Source: Edge of the Empire – Core Rules (sw-ffg-ee-cr p.391)
Defel Assassin [Nemesis]
Brawn 3 – Agility 4 – Intellect 3 – Cunning 4 – Willpower 3 – Presence 2
Soak Value 3 – Wound Threshold 17 – Strain Threshold 15 – Melee/Ranged Defence 1/1
- Skills: Brawl 3, Cool 2, Coordination 2, Melee 3, Ranged – Light 2, Stealth 3, Vigilance 2
- Adversary 3 – Upgrade difficulty of all combat checks against this target three times.
- Deadly Accuracy – Adds his ranks in Brawl to all damage inflicted with claws.
- Lethal Blows 2 – Adds +2- to Critical Injury rolls against opponents.
- Light-Sensitive – Defe are vulnerable to bright lights, which cause them intense pain and temporary blindness if viewed without protection. A Defel exposed to bright light without protective goggles suffer two Setback (Black) dice on all skill checks.
- Shadowed – Defel possess the ability to absorb certain wavelengths of light, making them all but invisible in darkness. When in darkness or deep shadow, a Defel gains to Boost (Blue) dice to all Stealth checks.
- Blaster Pistol (Ranged – Light; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range Medium; Stun Setting),
- Claws (Brawl; Damage 7; Critical 3; Range Engaged; Pierce 2, Vicious 1)
Game Master Notes
Imperial Forces: Emperor’s Hand, Imperial (Army (Officer, Trooper), Gunnery Corps, Naval (Officer, Trooper), Stormtroopers (Cavetrooper, Commander (Ironarm), Sandtrooper, Scout Trooper, Sergeant, Snowtrooper), Vehicle Corps), Imperial Informant, Naval Engineer, TIE (Ace, Pilot)
Underworld: Arms Dealer, Assassin (Defel), Black Marketeer (Twi-lek), Black Sun Vigo, Enforcer (Barabel), Forger, Hutt (Agent Jora, Crime Lord), Impact, Infochant, Loan Shark, Pilot-For-Hire (Sullustan), Pirate (Captain, Crew), Shadowport Mechanic, Shipjacker, Slaver, Slicer, Slow-Witted Tough, Smuggler (Baron, Gang Leader), Street Tough, Swoop Ganger, Thug (Aqualish, Gamorrean)
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Rebels, Sith)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.