Star Wars – Talents of the Galaxy
Passive Talent – Grit
Source: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (sw-ffg-ee-cr-136)
You can only take this talent once per tier, and it counts as being taken in all other specialistions in that tier.
- Tier 1 Talents
- Assassin (A1) expands to Precise Aim (A2)
- Bodyguard (D1) No further expansion.
- Doctor (C1) expands to Surgeon (C2)
- Droid Tech (D1) expands to Speaks Binary (D2)
- Politico (B1) expands to Kill With Kindness (B2)
- Martial Artist (C1) No further expansion.
- Operator (A1) expands to Full Throttle (A2)
- Scholar (C1) expands to Resolve (C2)
- Scout (C1) expands to Let’s Ride (C2)
- Slicer (B1) No further expansion.
- Tier 2 Talents (Must have a Grit Tier 1 to purchase)
- Doctor (B2) expands to Stim Application (A2) or Surgeon (C2)
- Droid Tech (C2) expands to Speaks Binary (D2) and Improved Speaks Binary (C3)
- Explorer (B2) expands to Spare Clip (C2)
- Fringer (C2) expands to Toughened (D2) and Rapid Recovery (C3)
- Martial Artist (D2) expands to Martial Stance (C2)
- Mechanic (D2) expands to Gearhead (C2) and Toughened (D3)
- Operator (C2) expands to either Debilitating Shot (D2) or Defensive Driving (C3)
- Outlaw Tech (B2) expands to Solid Repairs (A2), Utinni (C2) and Side Step (B3)
- Slicer (C2) expands to Technical Aptitude (B2), Bypass Security (D2) and Defensive Slicing (C3)
- Thief (C2) expands to Dodge (B2), Hidden Storage (D2) and Rapid Reaction (C3)
- Tier 3 Talents (must have a Grit Tier 2 to purchase)
- Doctor (B3) expands to Surgeon (A3), Bacta Specialist (C3) or Natural Doctor (B4)
- Droid Tech (A3) expands to Redundant Systems (A3)
- Operator (D3) expands to Defensive Driving (C3) or Overwhelm Defenses (D4)
- Pilot (C3) expands to Natural Pilot (D3) and Tricky Target (C4)
- Slicer (D3) expands to Defensive Slicing (C3) and Resolve (D4)
- Thief (B3) expands to Stalker (A3), Rapid Reaction (C3) and Natural Rogue (B4)
- Tier 4 Talents (must have a Grit Tier 3 to purchase)
- Fringer (C4) expands to Jump Up (B4)
- Martial Artist (D4) expands to Supreme Precision Strike (D5)
- Mercenary Soldier (B4) expands to True Aim (B5)
- Operator (C4) expands to Shortcut (B4), Overwhelm Defenses (D4), or Skilled Jockey (C5)
- Pilot (A4) expands to Supreme Full Throttle (B4) and Master Pilot (A5)
- Politico (A4) expands to Steely Nerves (A5)
- Scout (A4) expands to Utility Belt (A5)
- Tier 5 Talents (Must have a Grit Tier 4 to purchase)
- Survivalist (C5) expands to Dedication (B5)
Fantasy Flight Games Rules
- Attributes – Talent – Grit – 5 XP
Grit in the Genesys system becomes a Tier 1 talent. It can be taken as a talent in each tier costing an extra 5 XP for each additional Grit already taken. This has a maximum of 5 able to be purchased by the character.
- Attributes – Talent Tier 1 – Grit – 5 XP
- Activation – Passive
- Ranked – Yes
- Each rank of Grit increases a character’s strain threshold by one.
- 2021-05-31 – Adding in details from Droid Tech specialistation.
Free – Dedication (R)
R – Ranked
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.