Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Elves of Darkness (Bloodfey)
NPC Only Race
Source: Players Handbook (5e-wiz-ph-24)
Also known as Dark Elves or Drow.
These elves are dark skined, with white hair. Not much more is known about them expect they are the bad guys in the history books of the elven folklore.
These are not the usual dark-skinned spider loving elves, and have a facination with sacrifice. Closer to the drow of Pathfinder than D&D as they follow different entropic gods though mostly Atzanteotl.
They are tied to the sphere of Entropy, the element of death, and the colours of black and red.
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +2
- Alignment: Elves are Chaotic in general
- Size: Elves are between 6 and 7 feet tall. Your size is Medium
- Speed: Your walking speed is 30 ft
- Darkvision (Elven) you can see in dim light within 60 ft as it was bright light, and darkness as if it was dim light. You can’t discern colour in darkness, only shades of grey.
- Elf Gifts (Level Up) Choice of Mystic Rapport, Prescient Vision or Preternatural Awareness
- Fey Ancestry (Elven) Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, gaining an expertise dice, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
- Trances (Elven) You don’t sleep. Instead you meditate for 4 hrs a day and gain the same benefits as sleep.
- Starting Languages (Elven) You speak, read and write Common (Thyatian and Alphatian) and Elvish (Clan dialect)
- Character Options – Available to all Elven Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
- Schattenalfen (Shadowlands) – Elves devoted to sacrifice of others. Spider Motif are used but not exclusively.
- Schattenalfen (Shadowlands)
- Height – men and women 6’ 6″.
- Complexion –
- Colouration –
- Known Locations – Hollow World, Shadowlands
- Traits – based on the dark elves and meets any requirements requiring that race.
- Ability Score Increase: Charisma +1.
- Superior Darkvision: Your darkvision has a radius of 120 ft.
- Sunlight Sensitivity: You have disadvantage on attack and wisdom (perception) checks that rely on sight when you attack or try and perceive in direct sunlight.
- Shadow Magic: You know the Dancing Lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Faerie Fire spell once per day. When you reach 5th level, you can also cast the Darkness spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
- Shadow Weapon Training: Proficiency with Rapiers, Scythe, Shortswords, and Hand Crossbows or four proficiencies of your choice with GM permission.
- Secret Crafts: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Darkologist.
- Dark Elf: Count as a Dark Elf.
- Evolution (1st Evolution): Counts as the Elven and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 2nd evolution, there is a 25% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Most Bloodfey Elves have the Darkness Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
Elemental – Darkness Aspected Traits
- Ability Score Increase: Charisma +2
- Touch of the Darkness (Darkness aspected) While taking a short rest in an enclosed space without light, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Entropy Darkness aspected) When using (or effected by) Necrotic or Psychic you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to turn completely black till the start of your next turn
- Danger of the Competing Elements (Darkness aspected) When hit by both Energy (fire or radiant) and Time (cold or force), or both Matter (acid or poison) and Thought (lighting or thunder) damage types in the same round you are considered to have weakness to the second energy type. If you are hit by both energy types of Energy, Matter, Thought or Time in the same round you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. If you use an energy type against those with the same aspect, you have your attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Dark Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Darkness Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Darkness Genasi. With every offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Darkness Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Earth (18), Fire (19), Water (20)
- Character Options – All Darkness Aspected Sub-Races
Bloodfey Character Options
- Locations: Shadowlands
- Elven Feats: Elven Accuracy, Shadowlands Magic
- Bloodfey Class Options
- Cleric –
Bloodfey Campaign Examples
Bloodfey Elven Racial Magical Items
Elves associated with Sacrifice and surviving underground, and are considered to be Darkness-Aspected. See all (Dark-Aspected Fey) items listed below as your relic magical items. You can also treat (Elven) as relic items as well. See Genasi Overview for (Darkchild) genasi items you can use is if you were a genasi.
- Dark-Aspected Fey – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with sacrifice and surviving underground style items.
- Elven – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nature and magic style. A Elf (and all Elven subtypes) can use the base elf relic trait of all Elven items.
- Genasi (Dark) – These are elemental darkness based items. A Dark-Aspected Elf can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Darkness aspect relic trait.
Designing the Bloodfey Elves
These are based on the Dark Elves but not followers of Lloth from traditional D&D game settings.
- 2021-08-18 – Update to classes and magical items.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.