Pathfinder 2 – Artefact
Shattered Star – Shard of Pride
Source: Shattered Star Adventure Path – Book 1 – Shards of Sin page 69.
As part of my conversion process of bringing the Shattered Star over to second edition is to convert the artefacts. While there are no examples of this in the game as yet, (at least from the books I am referencing) I hope to catch the feel and flavour of the existing items.
New Property Traits:
- Artefact: Artefacts cannot travel through astral space, and will not go through gates or any form of teleport teleportation (including fey step), remaining behind when the holder of the item uses such movement. Any exceptions are up to the god who provides the divine spark for the item.
Shard of Pride
- Traits: Artefact, Illusion
- The Shard of Pride is made of coppery horacalcum.
- Special Power – While invested in the Shard of Pride, you can get a vision of where to find the next shard in the set. That being the Shard of Greed.
- Powers – This item provides a +2 insight bonus on saves versus illusion spells, and gains a +2 insight bonus on all skill checks to a person who carries this item, and has it imbedded in the skin can activate the following properties:
- Mirror Image (1 per day)
- Set Item – This item grows in power when combined with an Aeon Stone and with the other six shards.
- Aeon Stone – Western Star – Activate [two actions] envision, Interact; Effect You activate the aeon stone to gain the effects of a 1st-level illusory disguise. The resonant power allows you to render all of your aeon stones and your wayfinder invisible whenever you use the activation to gain the effects of illusory disguise.
- Curse: The owner suffers delusions of grandeur, and is sickened (number based on level difference) whenever she must serve another creature as a subordinate of any sort for as long as that arrangement persists. She cannot gain the benefit of the aid another action, nor can she take the aid another action.
- PF2 References: Mirror Image (pf2-rb-cr-352), Western Star (pf2-lo-psg-122)
The Pathfinder 1 version of the item.
- Shard of Pride (Major Artifact)
- Aura overwhelming illusion; CL 25th
- Slot none; Weight 1 lb.
- The Shard of Pride is made of coppery horacalcum. As long as the Shard of Pride is carried, its owner can use major image as a spell-like ability once per day, gains a +2 insight bonus on saves versus illusion spells, and gains a +2 insight bonus on all skill checks.
- Curse: The owner suffers delusions of grandeur, and is sickened whenever she must serve another creature as a subordinate of any sort for as long as that arrangement persists. She cannot gain the benefit of the aid another action, nor can she take the aid another action.
As the item uses Ioun stones to power it, which have become Aeon Stones in Pathfinder 2, I am changing the stones to match the traiditon and sin. When a correct stone is places in the shard, it provides the same resonance bonus as if it was a wayfinder.
- 2022-05-20 – Updated to powers of Shard of Pride ongoing effects.
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.