Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Adventures AC 1000 – Relic Hunter – Aladdin’s Cave
Aladdin’s Enchanted Cave
Source: The Emirates of Ylaruam (gaz2)
This adventure was originally part of the Basic Adventures section of Gazetteer 2 – The Emirates of Ylaruam which I modified and one of the changes to be investigated as part of the Wrath of the Immortals storyline.
This features in the following sections:
- Gazetteer – Ylaruam
- AC 1000 – Relic Hunter – Aladdin’s Cave. A chance from a mysterious benefactor to find a magical treasure.
The Original Concept
A wicked Makistani sorcerer disguised as an elderly storyteller approaches the PCs with the tale of treasures hidden in a nearby cavern. “I can scarcely walk. I need young, strong people to carry the treasures through deep and difficult passages to the surface.”
The PCs are taken to a concealed trapdoor in the wilderness. Something is scrawled in an unfamiliar language on the door, but the old man opens the door with ease after mumbling a few phrases -“…part of the legend, you know.” The PCs descend into the caverns, and the old man closes the door behind them. The door is locked with sorcery and the PCs cannot escape! The old man promises to release them only if they bring him the following treasures. (Successive knock spells may open the door at your discretion.)
The caverns contain the following marvels:
- A room whose floor is paved with gold, diamonds glittering from the walls, and piles of gems everywhere. A beautiful woman beckons, her perfume filling your nostrils. If you enter the room, you pass out and awake outside the caverns. Two weeks have passed, and the old man is nowhere to be seen.
- A room with a pit of flame. In the center of the pit is a tree, it branches laden with gems. To harvest the gems you must devise a method to pass across the fire pit unharmed.
- An efreet bars a portal, behind which you see hundreds of men chained to the walls, and piles of gems on the floor. You may only stay five minutes,” the efreet says, “and you must each bring me a hundred gems, or I shall not let you leave.” The imprisoned men cry piteously to be released.
- If the PCs do as the efreet says, but do not free the prisoners, they each can escape with 1,000 dinars of gems, but they are cursed by the prisoners.
- If they relinquish the gems and free the prisoners, they become your loyal followers. With the help of their leader, a cleric, the PCs may escape past the efreet.
- The caverns are a complex maze. Unless the PCs mark their trail or map carefully, they become lost.
- A vast treasure room is enchanted. PCs who fail a save vs. spells become obsessed with greed, and refuse to leave unless they can bring every treasure with them. PCs must be overcome or tricked into leaving.
- A metal warrior with a red helmet stands before you. “None shall pass, but that he best me in a contest of arms.” He may not be harmed by normal weapons, but water burns him as though it were fire. (The red helmet is a symbol of the Magian Fire Worshippers, and the guardian is a polymorphed minor fire elemental.)
Once the PCs have explored the caverns, they must escape. The sorcerer awaits at the only door, and refuses to open it unless they swear upon Al-Kalim to give him all the treasure they carry. Characters may employ guile, force, or magical items found within to overcome the sorcerer and escape.
- Adventure Level: 1-5, Basic (converts to 1 to 5)
- Topic: Magical Treasure that is different every year.
- Interesting Features: A treasure cave, and a sorcerer.
- Campaign Hook: The sorcerer tries to convince the character to return the following year and try again.
Not run as part of the campaign.
Can be run anywhere in the first five years of the campaign from year One to Year Five, and can be adapted to run at other levels as an ongoing adventure option.
More to be written about the outcome.
By Country (3/3) – Glantri, Karameikos, Ylaruam
Introduction: (13/13) – Alfheim, Atruaghin Clans, Broken Lands, Darokin, Ethengar, Five Shires, Glantri, Ierendi, Karameikos, Minrothad, Northern Reaches, Rockhome, Ylaruam
Annual: (6/11) – Atruaghin Clans Ascension, Ethengar Totems, Land of Black Sands, Mystery (of the Duke’s Road Massacres, of the Forgotten Dungeon, of the Hidden Kingdoms of Dragons)
(Tier 1 – Introduction 11/46)
AC 1000 (Year 1) – (2/8) – Lord of Lance Rock, Relic Hunter (Dragon Hatchery)
AC 1001 (Year 2) – (1/8) – Relic Hunter (Tomb of Moving Stones)
AC 1002 (Year 3) – (3/9) – Business (Bargewright Inn), Cult (of the Feathergale Knights), Mystery (of the Missing Delegation)
AC 1003 (Year 4) – (3/10) Cult (of the Riverguard Keep), Mystery (in Atruaghin’s Palace, of the Iceshield Orcs)
AC 1004 (Year 5) – (2/11) – Cult (of the Sacred Stone), Mystery (in the Silver Sierras), School Assignment (Lupins or Werewolves)
(Tier 2 – Investigation 16/50)
AC 1005 (Year 6) – (12/19) – Rheddrian’s Investigation Bureau, Cult (of the Scarlet Moon, of the Valley of Death), Mystery (in Aegos, in Sundsvall, in Thyatis City, of the Alphatian Duellers, of the Dead Elf, of the Great Gnome Caravan, of the Magic Mirror, of the Missing Pilgrims), Relic Hunter (Dinosaurs)
1006 AC (Year 7) – (6/12) – Mystery (Dinner Assassins, in Radlebb Woods, in Ringrise, in Wendar, of the Dual Memories), Time Travel Castle Amber
1007 AC (Year 8) – (6/17) – Mystery of the Dying Trees, Thanatos and the Azcans, Thanatos and the Milenians, Thanatos and the Nithians, Thanatos and the Shahjapurs, The Day Magic Died
1008 AC (Year 9) – (0/6)
1009 AC (Year 10) – (0/5)
Phase 3 (Tier 3 – War 28), Year 11 – 10, Year 12 – 5, Year 13 – 4, Year 14 – 4, Year 15 – 4
Phase 4 (Tier 4 – Conclusion 7) Year 16 – 3, Year 17 – 2, Year 18 – 1, Year 19 – 1, Year 20 –
Phase 5 (Tier 5 – tba)
Phase 6 (Tier 6 – tba)
Campaign References: Books,
Base Calendar (Darokin, Ethengar, Five Shires, Glantri, Karameikos, Minrothad, Rockhome), Personalities,
Transports ((A) Airships, (G) Ground, (S) Ships)
Barvarossa (S-SL), Blackbeard (S-GS), Bounty (S-SS), Buccaneer (S-GS), Cutlass (S-GL), Magnussen (S-LS), Renegade (S-SL), Revenge (S-GW), Sea Hag (S-SS), Sea Hawk (S-GL), Sigtrygg (S-LS), Swashbucker (S-GS), The Pride (S-SS), Thorgrim (S-LS), Tortuga (S-SS)
Patrons Page: Abundance, Adventure, Aerial Races, Agriculture, Air, Alchemy, Amazons, Ambition, Anarchy, Animals, Aquatic Races, Aranea, Architecture, Arctic, Armourer, the Arts, Astrology, Astronomy, Audacity, Authority, Avianfolk, Avidity, Balance, Battle, Bards, Beauty, Beholders, Berserkers, Betrayal, Birth, the Blackflame, Boldness, Books, Bravery, Brute-men, Bugbears, Building, Cannibalism, Catfolk, Cats, Cavalry, Centaurs, Chance, Chaos, Charity, Charms, Cheating, Children, Circumvention, Cities, Cleverness, Cold, Communication, Completeness, Con-men, Conquest, Cooperation, Corruption, Courage, Crafts, Craftsmen, Creation, Cruelty, Culture, Cunning, Darkness, Death, Decadence, Deceit, Defence, Defiance, Desire, Destiny, Destruction, Devilfish, Diaboli, Diplomacy, Discipline, Discovery, Disease, Dishonesty, Divination, Dolphins, Domination, Dragonkind, Dreams, Druids, Drunkenness, Dwarves, Earth, Earth Races, Education, Egotism, Elven, Energy, Engineering, Enigmas, Entropy, Envy, Epic Deeds, Equality, Experience, Explorers, Faithfulness, Family, Fate, Fear, Femininity, Ferocity, Fertility, Fey Races, Fire, Flight, Forest, Fprest Races, Forgiveness, Formians, Fortresses, Frredom, Friendship, Fun, Future, Genie, Giants, Good, Government, Gnolls, Gnomes, Goblins, Grace, Gravity, Greed, Guardians, Harmony, Hatred, Health, Hearth, Heroism, History, Honesty, Honour, Lizardfolk
Immortal Titles: Aesirs, Ancient, Celestial, Empyreal, Eternal, Hierarch, Initiates, Old Ones, Sovereign, Sphere (Energy, Entropy, Matter, Thought)
National Patrons: Alfheim, Alphatian Empire, Aquarendi, Ar, Azcan, Blackheart, Brasolia, Children of Atruaghin, Clan of the (Bear, Elk, Horse, Tiger, Turtle), Cyndicea, Denagoth, Five Shires, Gentle Folk, Glantri, Myoshima
D&D 5E in Mystara
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Game Management – Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Gaming over Skype, GM’s Luck Roll, Tracking Experience
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is currently undergoing migration to www.thedarkelf007.com website due to needing a different set of tools that I had available to me on here.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.