Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Weapons Mastery – Blowgun One Handed
A blowgun is a simple ranged weapon consisting of a long narrow tube for shooting light projectiles such as darts. It operates by having the projectile placed inside the pipe and using the force created by one’s forced exhalation to pneumatically propel the projectile.
- 5E Stats – Ranged Martial Weapon, Costs 10 gp and has a weight of 1 lb.
- Weapon Options: Chuul Ichor, Deathtoad Toxin, Patient Shot, Scorpion Venom, Wooziness Tonic
Weapons Mastery – Blowgun One Handed
- Blowgun One Handed Attack: (Non-Proficient) + to hit, Ammunition range (-/90 ft), Loading, one target
- Hit: 1+mod piercing.
- Base Poison: d2
- Blowgun One Handed Attack: (Proficient) + to hit, Ammunition range (25/100 ft), Loading, one target
- Hit: 1d2+mod piercing.
- Base Poison: d4
- Blowgun One Handed Attack: (Skilled) + to hit, Ammunition range (30/110 ft), Loading, one target
- Hit: 1d3+mod piercing.
- Base Poison: d6
- Blowgun One Handed Attack: (Expert) + to hit, Ammunition range (35/120 ft), Loading, one target
- Hit: 1d4+mod piercing.
- Base Poison: d8
- Blowgun One Handed Attack: (Master) + to hit, Ammunition range (40/130 ft), Loading, one target
- Hit: 2d4+mod piercing.
- Base Poison: d10
- Blowgun One Handed Attack: (Grand Master) + to hit, Ammunition range (45/140 ft), Loading, one target
- Hit: 3d4+mod piercing.
- Base Poison: d12
Weapon Qualities – Blowgun One Handed
- Ammunition. You can use a weapon that has the ammunition properly lo make a ranged attack only if you have ammunition lo fire from the weapon. Each time you attack with the weapon, you expend one piece of ammunition. Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack.
- Ammunition (additional effects for proficient). At the end of the battle, you can recover half your expended ammunition by taking a minute lo search the battlefield. If you use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a melee attack, you treat the weapon as an improvised weapon. A sling must be loaded to deal any damage when used in this way.
- Base DC (+number): Some of the effects produced by weapons masters has a saving throw to resist. This saving throw is calculated as 8 plus the ability modifier used in the attack roll. This is sometimes increased as you gain skill with the weapon, gain the Weapon Mastery feat or the fighter archetype.
- Base Poison: Inflict set damage on each round with a Base DC to avoid the effect and reduce the stage. Stage 1 – 1 dice, Stage 2 – 2 dice, Stage 3 – 3 dice, Stage 4 – 4 dice and Stage 5 – 4 dice.
- Loading: Because of the time required to load this weapon, you can fire only one piece of ammunition from it when you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to fire it, regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make per round
Weapon Options – Blowgun One Handed
- Chuul Ichor: A creature hit by a dart coated with this poison must make a Base DC Constitution saving throw. On a failure, it is paralyzed until the beginning of its next turn.
- Deathtoad Toxin: A creature hit by a dart coated with this poison must make a Base DC Constitution saving throw. On a failure, it takes 2d6 poison damage.
- Patient Shot. You carefully align your ranged weapon’s sites over your target. As an action in a turn that you have not moved, you may make a single ranged attack with advantage.
- Scorpion Venom: A creature subjected to this poison must make a Base DC Constitution saving throw at the beginning of each of its turns, taking 24 (7d6) poison damage on a failed saving throw, or half as much on a successful one. This poison lasts until the target succeeds on three saving throws or is magically cured.
- Wooziness Tonic: A creature hit by a dart coated with this poison must make a Base DC Constitution saving throw. On a failure, it is poisoned until the end of its next turn.
Design Details on building Weapons Mastery
I have managed to even out most of the damage, but also increased it in this case as it is working better with my magical weapon enhancment changes.
- 2021-08-26 – Updates to layout and menu.
Simple 2H: Greatclub, Scythe
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.