Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Magical Item – Spellbook for Occult Magic
Common Item Value
Price: (1d6+1) x10 gp (20 to 70 gp) – 50% for consumable items
Base Price: 50 gp or 25 gp for expendable
Expendable Items can be attuned on use, at the cost of a random attuned item and slot.
Cursed Items auto attune on use and replace a random attuned item and slot.
C – Common, U – Uncommon, R – Rare, VR – Very Rare, L – Legendary, A – Artefact, Cu – Cursed
- Magical Item – Common – Spellbook for Occult Magic – 50 gp
- Description: This book in inscribed using Primordial Script which is unable to be read with the naked eye. It has a prism attached to the cover with a chain that allows the reader to decipher the words on the pages. The book has up to 100 pages.
- Standard: The prism can be activated with a Prestidigitation, otherwise it requires an history check DC 15 to read each time. A spell takes up a page per level, with cantrips also taking a page. Rituals take up four pages per level of the ritual. This item can only accept spells for the Bard, Warlock or Monks using the Occult Magic of the gods (linked to the History Skill).
- Attunement: You can read this book without assistance. You can prepared an additional spell from this book when doing your daily preparations. This will allow a Spontaneous caster (Bard, Warlock or Monk) to prepare an additional spell from this book if they take time to conduct a daily preparation.
- Relic: When used by genasi the standard version of the spell can be used for a ritual. Counts as a Dark Gensi item, bonus unknown.
Example Campaign Items
- 2021-05-01 – Updated layour and linking, moved to type of magical item called books.
- 2021-04-16 – Adding notes for spontaneous casters and linking primal magic specifically to Bards, Warlocks or Monks.
- 2020-10-27 – Layout.
Tuesday Items: T001, T002, T003, T004, T005, T006, T007, T008, T009, T010, T011, T012, T013, T014, T015, T016, T017, T018, T019, T020, T021, T022, T023, T024, T025, T026, T027, T028, T029, T030, T031, T032, T033, T034, T035, T036, T037, T038, T039, T040, T041, T042, T043, T044, T045, T046, T047, T048, T049, T050, T051, T052, T054, T055, T056, T057, T058, T059, T060, T061, T062, T063, T064, T065, T066, T067, T068, T069, T070, T071, T072, T073, T074, T075
Wednesday Items: W001, W002, W003, W004, W005, W006, W007, W008, W009, W010, W011, W012, W013, W014, W015, W016, W017, W018, W019, W020, W021, W023, W024, W027, W028, W029, W030, W031, W032, W033, W034, W035, W038, W039, W040, W041, W042, W043, W044, W045, W047, W048, W049, W050, W051, W052, W054, W055, W056, W058, W059, W061, W062, W063, W064, W065
Friday Items: F002, F005, F006, F007, F008, F009, F010, F012, F014, F016, F019, F025, F026, F027, F028, F029, F030, F031, F032, F033, F034, F035, F036, F037, F038, F039, F040, F041, F042, F043, F044, F047, F048, F049, F050, F051, F052, F054, F055
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.