Pathfinder 2 – Religions
Campaign – Norgorber
Norgorber Overview – The Wind and the Waves, Blackfingers, Father Skinsaw, The Grey Master, Reaper of Reputation
- Alignment: Neutral Evil
- Portfolio: Greed, Secrets, Poison, Murder
- Realm: Duskfathom (Axis)
- Allies: Achaekek, Sivanah
- Enemies: Abadar, Cayden Cailean, Erastil, Gruhastha, Iomedae, Sarenrae, Torag
- Relationships: Cayden Cailean (ascended brother), Iomedae (ascended sister)
- Temples: alchemy shops, merchant houses, thieves’ guilds
- Worshipers: Assassins, spies, murderers, poisoners, politicians, thieves
- Sacred Animal: spider
- Sacred Colours: black and grey
- Divine Ability: Dexterity or Intelligence
- Domains: Charm, Death, Evil, Knowledge, Trickery
- Favoured Weapon: Short Sword
Norgorber (pronounced NOR-gore-ber) is known as a deity of thievery and assassination, as well as a keeper of secrets. He is called the ‘Reaper of the Reputation’ by some, but he has more insidious titles among his other worshipers. He remains an enigma to most, and his true motives are unknown. Many of his own followers remain ignorant of his plans and designs. Norgorber is the only evil aligned ascended god.
Norgorber manifests as what appears to be an ordinary human male dressed in brown and black clothing. However, his face is always either partially or completely obscured.
Many followers of Norgorber use a mix of key words, double entendre, and nonverbal signals to communicate with fellow believers without attracting the attention of the uninitiated. The following two sayings, however, are common among most of Norgorber’s followers, though they are careful not to utter them around non-believers.
- With one hand I give: Used as a salutation, this is also a warning – the speaker’s true motivations remain secret, and a gift in one hand may be offset by a threat in the other.
- I wait for a fair price: Something of little apparent value may have great worth in the right hands or whispered in the proper ear. A person who says this possesses some item or knows some secret that has not yet been deployed to its full potential.
Servants of Norgorber
- Venomfist – This servant is a water elemental with poisonous powers.
- Secret Shade – This divine minion of Norgorber is a fiendish shadow, an incorporeal undead creature that drains the essence of living beings.
- Yellowtooth – Yellowtooth is a wererat rogue that has the power to transform into an entire swarm of rats.
Church of Norgorber
Worshipers of Norgorber are considered cultists by nearly all inhabitants of the Inner Sea. The cult is forbidden in nearly every nation except Absalom, where it is tolerated. The cult is split into four parts, each one focusing on a specific aspect and paying little attention to others. His followers wear masks to identify themselves, and as a symbol of their devotion to the god. Some worshippers wear different masks in order to signify different emotions or signals. The masks themselves are often elaborate, with hinged jaws and coloured lenses. There are cults dedicated to Norgorber in Galt, Nex, Osirion, The River Kingdoms, The Shackles, Taldor, and Varisia and certainly the faith of Gozreh, can be found in all-natural places.
- Seventeen texts, at least, are associated with Norgorber, all of which have code names and are often disguised as unremarkable books.
- Ascendance Night – 2nd and 3rd of Desnus, his followers celebrate. There is also a more sinister ‘holiday’ that takes place sometime in the middle of winter. An innocent person is kidnapped and made a live sacrifice with the use of poison in celebration of Norgorber’s Ascension.
- 2021-08-16 – Update to layout and menu.
- 2020-11-16 – Updates from Lost Omens Gods and Magic.
Abadar, Calistria, Cayden Calilean, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Lamashtu, Norgorber, Pharasma, Urgathoa, Zon-Kuthon
PF2 Menu: Adventures, Classes, Factions, Feats, Items, Races, Rules Updates
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Playtest Thoughts, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Discussing the Rules: Animal Companions, Archetypes, Companions, Crafting PF2 Items, Feats, Minions, Playing the Game, Shapechanging, Summoning
Game Modes: Encounter, Exploration, Downtime
Feats: Background, General & Skill, Location
PF1 Conversions to Pathfinder 2: Adventures, Classes, Items, Faction
References: Creatures, Equipment, Items, NPCs, Spells
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Design, Campaign, Campaign Journal, Runelords
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
Personalities, Campaign Journal, Region – Minkai, Prophecy – The Broken One, Characters – Social Feats
b1 – Bestiary 1 (Paizo)
cr – Pathfinder Core Rulebook (Paizo)
gm – Game Master created
lopg – Lost Omens Players Guide (Paizo)
lowg – Lost Omens World Guide (Paizo)
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is currently undergoing migration to www.thedarkelf007.com website due to needing a different set of tools that I had available to me on here.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.