Pathfinder 2 – Religions
Campaign – Lamashtu
- Source: PF2 Core Rulebook (pf2-cr), PF2 Lost Omens Gods and Magic (pf2-logm)
- Lamashtu Overview
- Content Updates
Lamashtu Overview – The Demon Queen, Mother of Monsters, Demon Mother
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Madness, Monsters, Nightmares, Aberrance
- Realm: Kurnugia (the Abyss)
- Allies: Ghlaunder
- Enemies: Abadar, Asmodeus, Desna, Iomedae, Rovagug, Sarenrae, Tsukiyo
- Relationships: Pazuzu (ex-consort)
- Temples: caverns, ruined buildings, abandoned orphanages
- Worshipers: Gnolls, medusa, harpies, goblins, some minotaurs, hidden human cults, monsters, outcasts
- Sacred Animal: Jackal
- Sacred Colours: red and yellow
- Divine Ability: Constitution or Strength
- Domains: Chaos, Evil, Madness, Strength, Trickery
- Alternate Domains: change
- Favoured Weapon: Falchion
Pictures of Lamashtu portray her as a jackal-headed woman with a third vertical eye in the center of her forehead, heavily pregnant, with feathered wings, a snake’s tail, and taloned feet. She is often depicted carrying her two deadly blades, Redlust and Chillheart. Her head may vary depending on the nature of her worshipers, gnolls preferring the jackal head, medusae a snake’s, harpies a hawk’s, and so on.
Lamashtu’s followers utter phrases that drip with their mother’s monstrous wisdom. Others use phrases to keep her beasts at bay.
- It’s another scar on the belly: Also sometimes stated as “The scars are the proof,” this saying expresses the sentiment that your hardest trials can become your best qualities. This phrase was brought into new communities by goblins who abandoned Lamashtan worship. It spread in popularity for its seemingly positive message, but those familiar with its origins are often nervous about the reference to the brutal scarring of Lamashtu and her profane mothers.
- Sweet dreams and safe deliveries: In communities that have suffered a history of tragic Lamashtan births, this comforting saying is a popular way to wish people, especially expectant parents, a life safe from Lamashtu’s notice.
- The three-eyed gaze sees you (me/us): Among Lamashtu’s faithful, this phrase is said ritualistically at the completion of auspicious deeds, such as the creation of new monsters. Its declaration rallies the brood to prove themselves to their goddess. When hissed in vicious tones to unaware victims, it is a vile threat and omen of impending wrath
Servants of Lamashtu
- Bloodmaw – This hideous yet powerful and cunning yeth hound has one green eye and one red. He relishes the promise of carnage and a good hunt.
- Yaenit – These slavering, monstrous hyena-demons resemble corrupted hound archons with gangly limbs and deformed hyena’s heads; they love maiming and killing in Lamashtu’s name.
- The Yethazmari – Appearing as an enormous jackal, standing 14 ft tall at the shoulder, with smoking eye sockets, black leathery wings and a snake for a tail, the herald of Lamashtu brings terror and bloodshed. In its wake, spawn of horrific and brutal trysts rise up to cause madness anew
Church of Lamashtu
Lamashtu’s church is scattered and lacks an overall hierarchy, yet it is rare for two priests to come into direct conflict, as they recognize each other’s shared devotion and the hostility visited by those outside the religion. Many thaumaturges pay obeisance to Lamashtu as she is a demon lord as well as a goddess.
- The Skull of Mashaag – The yellowed skull of a yaenit who died in the service of Lamashtu, this object has the ability to speak the goddess’ will in several languages. Every few years, her worshipers meet to hear its teachings, and heroes from each tribe undergo a series of contests to determine which group is to keep it next.
- The Four Hides of Lawm – This is a collection of three leather straps, each made from the skin of a humanoid. The fourth was lost long ago and is said to contain monstrous rites of power and fertility in Lamashtu’s name.
- 2021-08-16 – Update to layout and menu.
- 2020-11-16 – Updates from Lost Omens Gods and Magic.
Abadar, Calistria, Cayden Calilean, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Lamashtu, Norgorber, Pharasma, Urgathoa, Zon-Kuthon
PF2 Menu: Adventures, Classes, Factions, Feats, Items, Races, Rules Updates
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Playtest Thoughts, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Discussing the Rules: Animal Companions, Archetypes, Companions, Crafting PF2 Items, Feats, Minions, Playing the Game, Shapechanging, Summoning
Game Modes: Encounter, Exploration, Downtime
Feats: Background, General & Skill, Location
PF1 Conversions to Pathfinder 2: Adventures, Classes, Items, Faction
References: Creatures, Equipment, Items, NPCs, Spells
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Design, Campaign, Campaign Journal, Runelords
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
Personalities, Campaign Journal, Region – Minkai, Prophecy – The Broken One, Characters – Social Feats
b1 – Bestiary 1 (Paizo)
cr – Pathfinder Core Rulebook (Paizo)
gm – Game Master created
lopg – Lost Omens Players Guide (Paizo)
lowg – Lost Omens World Guide (Paizo)
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.