Pathfinder 2 – Religions
Campaign – Erastil
Erastil Overview – Old Deadeye
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Farming, Hunting, Trade, Family
- Realm: Summerlands (Heaven)
- Allies: Abadar, Gozreh, Kazutal, Shelyn, Torag
- Enemies: Urgathoa
- Relationships: Cernunnos (son), Halcamora (daughter), Jaidi (wife)
- Temples: wooden longhouses or halls that also double as assembly places for people in the community
- Worshipers: Farmers, Hunters, Tradesmen, rangers, settlers, shapeshifters, traders, trappers
- Sacred Animal: stag
- Sacred Colours: brown and green
- Divine Ability: Constitution or Wisdom
- Domains: Animal, Community, Good, Law, Plant
- Alternate Domain: Duty
- Favoured Weapon: Longbow
Erastil (pronounced eh-RAS-til) is one of the oldest gods still worshiped in Avistan. His religion dates back to before the Age of Darkness when small farming communities and hunter-gatherers prayed to him for bountiful harvests and successful hunts. He is a god of the hunt and of farming, leading his followers by example and good deeds rather than flowery rhetoric.
Depictions of Erastil are commonplace in the homes of his followers. Such images usually portray the Ulfen deity as either an aged human with the bow and gear of a trapper, or as an elk-headed humanoid. These depictions often show Old Deadeye holding fast against various beasts and animals of the wilds. In times of need, Erastil has also been known to appear to lost hunters in the form of a stag.
Followers of Erastil share common wisdom among their villages, and these sayings hold strong over generations.
- Never trust a fool: Erastil’s followers often includes adventurers in their definition of fool, but the saying serves as a reminder not to listen to somebody known to have silly or dangerous ideas.
- Nothing is more satisfying than the fruits of a day’s labor: This reminder to work hard and take satisfaction in it, rather than aspiring to more, is often used to chastise folk who shirk their tasks, including children who put play before work.
- The hardest task becomes easy with a friend: Similar to “many hands make light work,” this message suggests that a task that would be hard or impossible alone is easy to do with help.
Servants of Erastil
- Arangin – This servant is a ruby-toned heavy horse that understands Common but does not speak.
- Blackfeather – This servant is an eagle-archer that has the power of shapeshifting.
- Proudsnout – This servant of Erastil is a divine boar.
- Scorchbark – This minion is a young treant who possesses a rather brash temperament.
Church of Erastil
Erastil teaches his followers to embrace tradition and the old ways. Many of Old Deadeye’s faithful never even enter a city, and his faithful can be found in nearly any wild or untamed region across Avistan; his worship is particularly well established in the nations of Andoran, Cheliax, Galt, Isger, the Lands of the Linnorm Kings, Molthune, Nirmathas, the River Kingdoms, and Varisia.
- Parables of Erastil – This book acts as a guide and almanac for the followers of Erastil; it includes information on strengthening one’s family, farming, and wilderness skills.
- Planting Week on the Vernal Equinox.
- Archer’s Day on the 3rd of Erastus.
- Harvest Feast on the Autumnal Equinox.
- 2021-08-16 – Update to layout and menu.
- 2020-11-15 – Updates from Lost Omens Gods and Magic.
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
b1 – Bestiary 1 (Paizo)
cr – Pathfinder Core Rulebook (Paizo)
gm – Game Master created
lopg – Lost Omens Players Guide (Paizo)
lowg – Lost Omens World Guide (Paizo)
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.