Dungeons and Dragons – Feats
Circle Spellcaster Feat
- Source: GM Conversion replace feat in Midgard Heroes handbook (mhh97), Deep Magic #9 (dm9)
- Circle Spellcaster
- Design Changes
- Content Updates
Note: In my world, a character gains the ability increase as well as the feat, not either as per core rules.
- Secret Crafts: Mechologist
- Requirement: Dwarf, Gnome Only
- Prerequisite: Trained by a Dwarven Wizard in the Ring Magic Tradition
- You have practised with the Dwarven Style of Arcane Magic and gained the following:
- Increase your Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You can spend 2 hours (including during a long rest) creating a mystical bond with another spellcaster. Both of you must spend this time in meditation, and you must remain within 10 feet of each other. Once the bond is formed, you can work together to bolster one another’s magic. When one of you casts a spell that requires concentration, the other can use their reaction to help maintain the spell. If the caster must make a Constitution saving throw to maintain concentration on the spell, both of you make the saving throw. If either of you succeeds, concentration is unbroken. If both saving throws fail, you both lose concentration on any spells you are currently maintaining and you both take 2d6 psychic damage from the strain. You can maintain this bond with only one spellcaster at a time. If you create a new bond, the previous bond breaks. Otherwise, it lasts until the end of your next long rest
- You gain a Mechologist Cantrip as a bonus cantrip to the normal cantrip limit.
- You gain a craftbook with two craft ritual spells you known using your craft check to cast instead of the normal caster check.
- You can spend hit-dice to reduce Soul Burn of your Mechologist Secret Craft abilities 1 point per hit dice.
Design changes for Feats
This was changed to incorporate the ring magic as part of the dwarven traditions of spellcasting where the original version was designed to gain access to the ring magic spells.
- 2021-08-20 – Update to layout and menu.
Bountiful Luck, Circle Spellcaster, Dragon Fear, Dragon Hide, Dragonborn Evolution, Dragonkind Evolution Dwarven Fortitude, Elven Accuracy, Fade Away, Fey Teleportation, Forestland Magic, Negotiator, Ring-Bound, Second Chance, Shadowlands Magic, Squat Numbleness, Survivor, Weapons Mastery
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.