Dungeons and Dragons – Feats
Weapons Mastery Feat
- Source: GM Conversion replace feat in Players Handbook (ph170)
- Feat Description
- Design Changes
- Content Updates
Note: In my world, a character gains the ability increase as well as the feat, not either as per core rules.
- Secret Crafts: Weaponologist
- Requirements: Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling
- Prerequisite: Each time you take this feat, you must have achieved more levels in the Weaponologist Secret Craft than you have taken this feat previously. (Initiate, 1st Circle, 2nd Circle, 3rd Circle, 4th Circle, 5th Circle)
- You have practised extensively with a variety of weapons, gaining the following benefits:
- Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain four mastery points you can spend to gain proficiency with four simple or martial weapons of your choice. For each circle you have unlocked, you can increase up to a higher level of mastery shown below, instead of learning new weapons or to learn new weapon options. Initiate (Proficient), 1st circle (Skilled), 2nd Circle (Expert), 3rd Circle (Master) and 4th Circle (Grand Master).
- Weapon Mastery (+1), increase the Base DC, number of attacks you can use deflect and AC bonus, number of rounds for knockout and stun, with by the level of Weapons Mastery. You are considered proficient and can add your proficiency modifier to the Base DC roll. This stacks with the Weapon Mastery Archetype, and with itself.
- You can spend hit-dice to reduce Soul Burn of Weaponologist abilities 1 point per hit dice. Each level of feat increases the Soul Burn reduction amount by 1.
- Can be taken multiple times, see prerequisite.
Design changes for Feats
Some changes needed to be made to this feat so it incorporated how Weapons Mastery works.
- 2021-08-20 – Update to layout and menu. Adding in racial options. Linked in Soul Burn mechanics to the feat.
Bountiful Luck, Circle Spellcaster, Dragon Fear, Dragon Hide, Dragonborn Evolution, Dragonkind Evolution Dwarven Fortitude, Elven Accuracy, Fade Away, Fey Teleportation, Forestland Magic, Negotiator, Ring-Bound, Second Chance, Shadowlands Magic, Squat Numbleness, Survivor, Weapons Mastery
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.