Pathfinder 2 – Class Reference
Class – Bard
Updated Class Features:
Unarmed Attack Proficiency and Benefits
Errata 1.0 – 2019-10-30
- For any class feature that improves the proficiency rank or grants the critical specialization effect access for simple weapons or a specific set of weapons, that ability also grants that benefit for unarmed attacks.
- (11th) Bard Weapon Expertise: You have become thoroughly adept with bardic weapons. You gain expert proficiency in simple weapons and unarmed attacks, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, shortbow, shortsword, and whip. When you critically succeed at an attack roll using one of these weapons while one of your compositions is active, you apply the critical specialization effect for that weapon or unarmed attack.
- (13th) Weapon Specialisation: You’ve learned how to inflict greater injuries with the weapons you know best. You deal 2 additional damage with weapons and unarmed attacks in which you are an expert. This damage increases to 3 damage if you’re a master, and 4 damage if you’re legendary.
(17th) Greater Resolve
- Your unbelievable training grants you mental resiliency. Your proficiency rank for Will saves increases to legendary. When you roll a success at a Will save, you get a critical success. When you roll a critical failure at a Will save, you get a failure instead. When you roll a fail on a Will save against a damaging effect, you take half damage.
1st Level – Bardic Lore (rb-cr-99), Lingering Composition (rb-cr-99), Reach Spell (rb-cr-99), Versatile Performance (rb-cr-100),
2nd Level – Cantrip Expansion (rb-cr-100), Esoteric Polymath (rb-cr-100), Inspire Competence (rb-cr-100), Loremaster’s Etude (rb-cr-100), Multifarious Muse (rb-cr-100),
4th Level – Inspire Defence (rb-cr-100), Melodious Spell (rb-cr-101), Triple Time (rb-cr-101), Versatile Signature (rb-cr-101),
6th Level – Dirge of Doom (rb-cr-101), Harmonise (rb-cr-101), Steady Spellcasting (rb-cr-101),
8th Level – Eclectic Skill (see below), Inspire Heroics (rb-cr-102), Know-It-All (rb-cr-102),
10th Level – House of Imaginary Walls (rb-cr-102), Quickened Casting (rb-cr-102), Unusual Composition (rb-cr-102),
12th Level – Eclectic Polymath (rb-cr-102), Inspirational Focus (rb-cr-103),
14th Level – Allegro (rb-cr-103), Soothing Ballad (rb-cr-103), True Hypercognition (rb-cr-103),
16th Level – Effortless Concentration (rb-cr-103), Studious Capacity (rb-cr-103),
18th Level – Deep Lore (rb-cr-103), Eternal Composition (rb-cr-103), Impossible Polymath (rb-cr-103),
20th Level – Fatal Aria (rb-cr-103), Perfect Encore (rb-cr-103), Symphony of the Muse (rb-cr-103),
- Source – Core Rulebook (rb-cr), Errata 1.0 – 2019-10-30
- Traits: Bard
- Prerequisite: polymath muse, master in Occultism
- Your broad experiences translate to a range of skills. Your proficiency bonus to untrained skill checks is equal to your level. You can attempt any skill check that normally requires you to be trained, even if you are untrained. If you have legendary proficiency in Occultism, you can attempt any skill check that normally requires you to have expert proficiency, even if untrained or trained.
Quick Copy Section
- Ability Boost – Charisma
- Hit Points – 8+Con Mod
- Perception (E)
- Saving Throws – Fortitude (T), Reflex (T), Will (E)
- Skills – Occultism (T), Performance (T), 4 plus Int mod
- Attacks – Simple Weapon (T), Unarmed Attack (T), Longsword (T), Rapier (T), Sap (T), Shortbow (T), Shortsword (T), Whip (T)
- Defenses – Light Armour (T), Unarmoured Defense (T)
- Class DC Bard (T)
- Occult Spell Attack (T)
- Occult Spell DC (T)
- Spells Per Day – Cantrips (5), 1st Level (2)
- Occult Spellcasting –
- Spell Repertoire – Cantrips (5) 1st Level Spells (2)
- Composition Spells – Inspire Courage
- Muse – Enigma, Maestro or Polymath
- Ancestry Feat –
- Background Feat –
- Bard Feat – Choice of Bard Class Feat you meet the requirements for up to 2nd level. A dedication feat can be taken in its place, but also has a faction point cost.
- Skill Feat – Choice of Skill Feat you meet the requirements for up to 2nd level. A dedication skill feat can be taken in its place, but also has a faction point cost.
- Spell Repertoire – 1st Level (+1)
- General Feat – Choice of General Feat you meet the requirements for up to 3rd level. A dedication general feat can be taken in its place, but also has a faction point cost.
- Lightning Reflexes – Proficiency in Reflex upgraded to Expert
- Signature Spells – 1st Level Spell (one spell), 2nd Level Spell (one spell)
- Skill Increase –
- Spell Repertoire – 2nd Level (+2)
- Bard Feat – Choice of Bard Feat you meet the requirements for up to 4th level. A dedication feat can be taken in its place, but also has a faction point cost.
- Skill Feat – Choice of Skill Feat you meet the requirements for up to 4th level. A dedication skill feat can be taken in its place, but also has a faction point cost.
- Spell Repertoire – 2nd Level (+2)
- 2022-05-07 – Cleaned up the feat section ready to add selected feats.
- 2022-05-06 – Quick copy section being setup
- 2021-08-14 – Update to layout and menu.
Own Class Conversions (my groups): Samurai,
Own Class Conversion Now in Paizo (Playtest): Summoner
Own Class Conversion Now in Paizo (Published): Witch
Class Build: Minion (Mitflit), Barbarian (Nexa Shoanti Half-Orc), Bard (Quest – Goblin), Cleric (Pimwinkle – Halfling, , Krol – Elf Half-Gnome), Druid (Barak – Dwarf, Cangacerio – Human Half-Elf), Fighter (Kordar – Elf Half-Human, Zed – Human), Monk (Willy – Human), Oracle (Luna – Shoanti), Ranger (Duzhar – Orc Half-Human), Rogue (Sparky – Dwarf), Sorcerer (Belath – Cheliax), Wizard (Parry – Elf Half-Dwarf)
Thassilonian Resurgence Adventure Path (TRAP) Campaign
Jade Regent Adventure Path (JRAP) Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.