PF2 – PFS Factions
Campaign – Shadow Lodge Faction
Overview of the Shadow Lodge
The Shadow Lodge faction within the Pathfinder Society represented dissenters of the Decemvirate.
- Leader: Grandmaster Torch
- Alignment: Neutral
- Headquarters: The Puddles, Absalom
- Goals: Hold Your Leaders Accountable
They are the not so secret police of the Pathfinder Society, their role is to keep the leaders in check, and stop the abuse of junior operatives of the society.
Ranks of the Shadow Lodge Faction
- Pathfinder Enforcer (Fame +5)
- Red Mantis Assassin (lowg71) (Fame +5)
Background of the Shadow Lodge Faction
For decades, a growing segment of the Pathfinder Society’s membership became disillusioned with the Decemvirate. Whether they held personal grudges against the masked leaders of the Society for slights they felt were never remedied or watched too many of their friends suffer for the good of a Society that seemed to thank them very little, these rebels’ numbers surged in the early 4700s AR, swelling the Shadow Lodge’s membership.
Faction Goal – Hold your Leaders Accountable
Members of the Shadow Lodge hold the Decemvirate accountable for its treatment of field agents and the consequences of its missions.
Spending Organisation Renown
- 4+ Language Training:
- (4) Common Languages: Common, Jotun, Undercommon
- (8) Uncommon Languages: Necril, Shadowtongue
- 10 pts – No One Left Behind: If you fail a mission due to death, they will track down your body (as long as it still exists) and have you restored to life returning your equipment to you. (Shadow Lodge members only)
- 20 pts – Don’t Sully the Name: When faced with people claiming to be members of the Shadow Lodge, or members of the faction not acting in the interest of the faction, you have advantage on attack rolls.
- 2+ pts – Barbarian Multiclass Training (core 221)
- 2+ pts – Cleric Multiclass Training (core 224)
- 2+ pts – Rogue Multiclass Training (core 229)
- 2+ pts – Sorcerer Multiclass Training (core 230)
- 4+ pts – Red Mantis Assassin Training (lowg71): You gain a new feat from the Red Mantis Assassin and gain the title Red Mantis Assassin.
- 10 pts Enforcer – You gain access to a list of pathfinders who have broken from the rules of the society and need to be dealt with or they will continue to negatively impact on the perception of the society where they are based.
Gaining and Losing Renown in the Shadow Lodge Faction
Shadow Lodge missions often involve gathering evidence of slights against the average Pathfinder from high-ranking members like venture-captains and the Ten; assisting former agents in recovering from injuries, curses, or maladies suffered while serving as the Decemvirate’s pawns; or eliminating openly oppositional Pathfinders who claim allegiance to the Shadow Lodge and damage the organisation’s reputation. Shadow Lodge operatives who can operate without damaging the tenuous peace with the Decemvirate are quite valued.
Gaining faction renown
- +1 renown – Completing an Objective of the Shadow Lodge Faction
- +1 renown – Gaining a level while a member of the Shadow Lodge Faction
Loosing faction Renown
- -1 renown – Turning down a Shadow Lodge Faction quest.
- -1 renown – Failing to achieve an Shadow Lodge Objective in an accepted quest.
- – half current renown – changing factions within the society.
Letters from the Faction
Characters associated with these adventures have the following letters:
- #1 – Aspirant Pathfinders (acceptance into the Shadow Lodge Faction)
#1 – Aspirant Pathfinders
Servant of the Society,
You doubtless know by now what being a Pathfinder entails, and have seen the danger into which the Decemvirate and their venture-captain lackeys are so willing to send you. I was once a Pathfinder like you, and ever since I was left for dead by my so-called allies after being cursed, I’ve worked to ensure that ordinary Pathfinders are given the rights and respect they deserve. Help us to rub out rogue Shadow Lodge agents who seek only their own gain and power. Make the Shadow Lodge a safe haven for all who have suffered because of the masked few who steer the Society. Work with me and the Shadow Lodge for Pathfinders the world over, and we will ensure that you reap the benefits of your deeds. You will hear from me soon.
In the shadow of the masked ones,
Character also gain a Book of Law for Korvosa to help keep them safe.
- 2021-08-11 – Updating the layout and links.
Other Settlements: Abken, Baslwief, Biston, Galduria, Harse, Ilsurian, Janderhoff, Kaer Maga, Melfesh, Nybor, Palin’s Cove, Ravenmoor, Roderic’s Cove, Sandpoint, Sirathu, Turtleback Ferry, Urglin, Velderaine, Wartle, Whistledown, Windsong Abbey, Wolf’s Ear
Other Locations: Ashwood, Bloodsworn Vale, Brinewall, Calphiak Mountains, Celwynvian, Chorak’s Tomb, Churlwood, Cinderlands, Crystalrock, Crystilan, Curchain Hills, Ember Lake, Fenwall Mountains, Fogscar Mountains, Gnashers, Gruankus, Guiltspur, Hollow Mountain, Hook Mountain, Iron Peaks, Kodar Mountains, Lady’s Light, Lurkwood, Malgorian Mountains, Mierani Forest, Minderhal’s Anvil, Mindspin Mountains, Mobhad Leigh, Mundatei, Mushfelns, Nolands, Red Mountains, Rift of Niltak, Rimeskull, Sanos Forest, Shimmerglens, Skotha Lake, Skull’s Crossing, Spindlehorn, Spire of Lemriss, Stormunder Lake, Stony Mountains, Storval Deep, Storval Plateau, Storval Stairs, Sunken Queen, Syrantula Lake, Varisian Gulf, Velashu River, Velashu Uplands, Viperwall, Wormwood Hall, Wyvern Mountains, Yondabakari River
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.