Star Wars – Galaxy Region
The Colonies – C
Source: Force Awakens Beginner Game (sw-b-fa), Wookieepedia (sWiki)
Galaxy Region – The Colonies
The Colonies form the first ring of major galactic exploration and expansion beyond the Core Worlds. The Colonies are the second most densely populated region after the Core Worlds themselves, and magnitudes greater than the galaxy at large. The Colonies extend in a semicircular pattern around the similarly explored Core Worlds region.
Settlement of the Colonies started before the establishment of the Republic. Explorers and colonists extended the power and ambition of the Core Worlds from which they came. Primitive generation ships predated hyperspace capable craft, making the colonisation effort all the more remarkable. Due to the limitations of travel and communications, many worlds broke away from their original rulers within a few generations. The ongoing conflicts between the Colonies and their home worlds proved to be a driving force in the establishment of a galactic government.
Planets of the Colonies
- Arkania – M9 – 13.1 9.0
- Devaron – M13 – 13.2 13.7
- Foless – M14 – 13.1 14.0
- Fondor – L13 – 12.3 13.6
- Giju – L13 – 12.0 13.5
- Ghorman -L14 – 12.3 14.0
The Belnar sector was in the Colonies. Planets in this sector included Belnar.
Locations of the Belnar Sector:
- Belnar System, Belnar – M9 – 13.3 9.5
The Duluur sector was a sector located within the Colonies and the location of the Duluur Sector Naval Academy.
Devaron Space was the region which contained the planet Devaron, in the Duluur sector. During the Clone Wars, it was jointly represented by Vien’sai’Malloc and Elsah’sai’Moro in the Galactic Senate. The Temple of Eedit served as a military outpost in the region.
Duluur Sector Locations:
The Fakir sector was a sector in the galaxy. The parents of Resistance member Dynia Reekeene, two commanders in the Rebel Alliance, once led a cell in the Fakir sector during the Galactic Civil War.
Fakir Sector Locations:
- GaTir System, Mrisst – K9 – 11.5 9.3 – Freeworlds Territory
- Palanhi System, Palanhi – K9 – 11.4 9.0
- Vakkar System, Vakkar – K9 – 11.1 9.1
Herglic Space was located in the Colonies around the Rimma Trade Route, a territory founded by the Herglic before the Galactic Republic. It contained the planet Giju and some 40 other star systems. The ancient Hidakai Pool ran through this area.
The Galactic Empire attempted to nationalize its manufacturing centers and named it an Allied Region.
Herglic Space Locations:
- Giju System, Giju – L13 – 12.0 13.5
The Sern sector contained the planets Ghorman and Sern Prime. This sector was located in the Colonies region. The Sern sector was represented in the Galactic Senate by Fang Zar and in the Imperial Senate by Gebnerret Vibrion.
Sern Sector Locations:
- Ghorman System, Ghorman -L14 – 12.3 14.0
The Shwuy sector was located in the Colonies and contained the Uviuy Exen system. The planet Uviuy Exen was situated at the intersection of the hyperlanes known as the Hydian Way and the Shwuy Exchange.
Uviuy Exen was already a part of the Galactic Republic by 22,000 BBY and was a member of the Galactic Empire by 17 BBY.
Shwuy Sector Locations:
- Uviuy Exen System, Uviuy Exen – L9 – 12.5 9.1
The Tapani sector was a sector located in the Colonies. It was named after Shey Tapani, who united the sector thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin, though the sector itself had been colonized in 12,720 BBY. Seven provinces made up the Expanse: Barnaba Province, Cadriaan Province, Calipsa Province, Mecetti Province, Melantha Province, Pelagia Province, and Reena Province. Each province was ruled by a noble house. The sector included the Freeworlds Territory region which was not ruled by nobility. In or around 3 ABY the Empire split off the Freeworlds into a new sector called the Shapani sector. Tapani was then converted into an oversector composed of the Tapani and Shapani sectors; although by 40 ABY at the latest, this action was reversed and the sector reunited. The sector capital was Procopia. Notable phenomena included Shindra’s Veil. Ophideraan was in or near Tapani sector.
The Giju Run spurred from the Rimma Trade Route and into Tapani sector intersecting the Shapani Bypass. Other routes were the Three Ellas Run, the Procopian Shipping Lane, Cor Lane, Calipsa Run, the Leozi Route and the Caloria Run.
- Expanse: The Expanse was the name given to the ore-rich section of the Tapani sector under the control of the Tapani Federation during the Rebellion era. The area was the remnant of a small stellar empire which occupied the sector centuries before. Six of the seven major noble houses in the sector were located in the Expanse, with House Cadriaan being the only noble house not in the Expanse. The Freeworlds Territory’s border was dictated by the edge of the expanse.
- Freeworlds Territory: The Freeworlds Territory was a border region of the Tapani sector until its annexation by the Galactic Empire. Because of its proximity to the Colonies, planets in this region, known as Freeworlds, were relatively independent from the Coreward noble houses of the Expanse. The Freeworlds banded together into the League of Tapani Freeworlds, and consolidated their defenses into the Freeworlds Common Navy, to avoid annexation by the growing power of the seven wealthy Expanse provinces. Some time in or after 3 ABY, the Galactic Empire invaded and occupied the Freeworlds, and cut it off from the Tapani sector, intending to form a new one. The Shapani subsector was thus created, and the Empire assigned a new Moff to oversee the new Tapani oversector. Eventually, this partitioning was reversed, and by 40 ABY the Freeworlds were once again a part of the Tapani sector.
Tapani Sector Locations:
- Fondor System, Fondor – L13 – 12.3 13.6 – Freeworlds Territory
- Mennaalii System, Mrlsst – tba – tba – Freeworlds Territory
- Procopia System, Procopia – L13 – 12.3 13.6 – Expanse
Other System Locaitons:
- Surric System, Teyr – L13 – 12.8 13.8
- 2021-08-06 – Updated the menu.
- 2020-12 – Adding content from row L.
- 2020-11 – Adding in more content.
- 2020-10-06 – Links to galaxy segments.
- 2020-07 – Adding more sections to map.
Medium: Ado Spine, Annaj-Houche Run, Anturi Reach, Axxila-Tangrene Run, Belsavis Run, Bothan Run, Braxant Run, Byss Run, Cadinth Run, Celenon Spur, Cerean Reach, Commenor Run, Coruscant-N’Zoth hyperlane, D’Aelgoth Trade Route, Dubrillion-Bescane hyperlane, Duros Space Run, Enarc Run, Entralla Route, Fedalle-Kuat hyperlane, Five Veils Route, Gamor Run, Garqi-Borosk hyperlane, Giju Run, Great Gran Run, Great Kashyyyk Branch, Harrin Trade Corridor, Hollastin Run, Kaaga Run, Koda Spur, Kuat Run, Lesser Lantillian Route, Lipsec Run, Listehol Run, Llanic Spice Run, Lutrillian Cross, Manda Merchant Route, Manda-Leritor Route, Metellos Trade Route, Mon Gazza-Lannik Route, Murgo Choke, Namadii Corridor, Nanth’ri Route, Nothoiin Corridor, Ootmian Pabol, Overic Griplink, Orvise Reach, Pabol Hutta, Pabol Sleheyron, Quellor Run, Rago Run, Randon Run, Reena Trade Route, Salin Corridor, Sanrafsix Corridor, Senex Trace, Senex-Juvex Loop, Seswenna Expansion, Shag Pabol, Shaltin Tunnels, Shapani Bypass, Sharlissian Trade Corridor, Shipwights’ Trace, Shiritoku Way, Shwuy Exchange, Spar Trade Route, Trax Tube, Trellen Trade Route, Triellus Trade Route, Trition Trade Route, Vaathkree Trade Corridor, Veragi Trade Route, Yankirk Route
Minor: Bakura Trace, Burke’s Trailing Carbonite Run Coruscant-Dantooine hyperlane, Coyn Route, Hidakai Pool, Ison Corridor, Manda-Roon Route, Minntooine Spur, Myto’s Arrow, Relgim Run, Prously’s Rim Run, Seswenna Expansion, Shapani Bypass, Tidal Circuit
Sector: Elrood-Derilyn Trade Route
Row V: (WIP V8)
Row F: (WIP F8)
Row C: (WIP C16)
WIP – Work in Progress
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.