Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Dwarf of Water (Seabound)
GM Approval Required
Sourcebook: GM Created
Also known as Ocean Dwarves.
These dwarves have yet to be encountered by the party in a history perspective. Investigation by the party is required to learn more.
Living on the water of the great oceans, the sea dwarves are uneasy when standing on solid ground. They are associated with the sphere of Time, the element of Water, and the colour of blue.
- Attributes – Dwarven Traits:
- Ability Score Increase: Constitution +2
- Alignment: Dwarves are Lawful in general
- Size: 4 to 5 ft tall and average about 150 pounds. Medium size.
- Speed: base walking is 25 ft and your speed is not reduced by heavy armour
- Darkvision (Dwarf) you can see in dim light within 60 ft as it was bright light, and darkness as if it was dim light. You can’t discern colour in darkness, only shades of grey.
- Dwarven Combat Training – Weapons Mastery: Gains proficiency with five weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with these weapons, they are upgraded to skilled. Standard Weapons – Battleaxe, Handaxe, Throwing Hammer, and Warhammer
- Tool Proficiency: You are proficient with the artisan’s tools of your choice: Smith’s tools, brewer’s supplies, or mason’s tools.
- Stonecunning (Dwarf) Whenever you make a Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
- Prophecy: Each dwarf is given a prophecy from their birth that describes how they die.
- Languages: You speak, read and write Common (Thyatian) and Dwarvish.
- Pantheon: Dwarven and Gnome
- Character Options – Available to all Dwarven Subraces
Ierendi: Fire Mountain Clan as home.
Minrothad: Fire Mountain Clan as colony.
- Fire Mountain (Ierendi, Minrothad) Helped construct the Iron Ships of the Ierendi with the Gnomes and Fire Mages.
The Shadowbound people are an evolution from the Old Dwarves. They are connected to the water and sphere of time.
- Height – men and women 4’ 3″ to 5′ 3″.
- Complexion – Olive skinned.
- Colouration – skin is olive to brown and hair blonde with eyes of bright blue.
- Known Locations – Ierendi, Minrothad.
- Traits – based on the Duergar and meets any requirements requiring that race.
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +2.
- Soul of Ice: You have resistance to cold and necrotic damage, but also resistance to healing magic. You have a weakness to fire damage. While are sea you rarely become lost, always having the favour of the sea knowing the way to a place you have already been to. You have advantage on Survival rolls to navigate at sea to a destination you have been to. They also receive half the effect of healing magic (resistance to magical healing).
- Superior Darkvision: Your Darkvision goes out to 120 ft.
- Extra Language: You can speak, read, and write seacommon.
- Breath Control: You can hold your breath for twice the time a standard character could and do not suffer the effects of pressure in the ocean depths.
- Evolution (1st Evolution): Counts as the Old Dwarf and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 1st evolution, there is a 25% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Most Seabound have the Water Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
Associated Element – Water Aspected Traits
- Ability Score Increase: Wisdom +2
- Touch of the Water (Water Aspected) While taking a short rest next to or touching open water or a prepared bowl filled with water, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Time (Water Aspected) When using (or effected by) Cold or Force you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to glow blue till the start of your next turn.
- Danger of Energy (Water Aspected) When hit by Fire or Radiant damage you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. Fire and Radiant effects you use, have their attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Water Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Water Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Water Genasi. With every genasi offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Water Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Darkness (18), Earth (19), Fire (20)
- Character Options – All Water Aspected Sub-Races
Seabound Character Options
- Locations: Ierendi, Minrothad
- Seabound Class Options
Seabound Dwarf Racial Magical Items
Dwarves associated with sea travel. See all (Craftbound) items listed below as your relic magical items. You can also treat (Dwarven) as relic items as well. See Genasi Overview for (Firechild) genasi items you can use is if you were a genasi.
- Seabound – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with sea travel style items.
- Dwarven – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a mining and crafting style. A Dwarf (and all Dwarven subtypes) can use the base dwarf relic trait of all Dwarven items.
- Genasi (Water) – These are elemental Water based items. A Seabound can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Water saspect relic trait.
At this stage the ocean going dwarves will be held in reserve, but I intend them to be connected to the Ierendi and Minrothad islands.
- 2021-08-18 – Updated the classes and magical items.
- 2021-08-05- Updated the menu and layout.
- 2021-02-22 – Added more information and links.
- 2020-09-20 – Cleaned up content and elemental aspects.
- 2020-06-28 – Added references.
- 2020-05-07 – Added Soul of Ice feature relating to traits I am giving all the dwarves.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.