Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Ancient Human of Fire (Nithian)
NPC Only Race
This is my take on the Nithian people using the five element concept. This is also the first of the NPC only races that are in the setting. For a player to take one of these races, it requires a long conversation with the DM and finding out what challenges it posses in the storyline to play.
Descendants of the Neathar and based on the Egyptian cultures. These humans are tied to the sphere of Energy. Their skin is bronze, their hair black, and eyes of golden.
- Age: Young Adult at 14, Adult at 18 and live to 100 years.
- Size: Humans are 4 ½ to 5 ½ feet tall in general. Their size is Medium, thought in some special cases they can be Small.
- Speed: Your base walking speed 30 ft.
- Fast Learner (Level Up) With their short life spans, humans can acquire knowledge at a higher rate than more long-lived heritages. You gain proficiency in one additional skill of your choice in addition you require half as much time as normal to train yourself in the use of armour, skill, tool, secret craft or weapon during downtime.
- Intrepid (Level Up) Your survival instinct is remarkably strong. When you make an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, you can choose to gain an expertise die on that roll. Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Weapons Mastery (GM House Rule) Gains proficiency with one weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with this weapon, they are upgrades skilled level.
- Human Gifts (Level Up) Choose One – Diehard Survivor (p40), Ingenious Focus (p40), Spirited Traveller (p40)
- Class Options – Available to all Human Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
The Nithian people are an evolution from the Neathar. They are connected to fire and magic. They have a eastern Egyptian style to their appearance and culture. They have a copy of their civilisation preserved in the Hollow World as an Iron Age culture and those descendants are not affected by the curse that affects the remains of their civilisation in Ylaruam.
- Height – men 4’ 3″ to 5′ 3″, women 4′ to 5’.
- Complexion – Bronzed skinned.
- Colouration – skin is bronzed and hair black with eyes of rich gold.
- Known Locations: Hollow World, Ylaruam.
- Traits – based on the Variant Human
- Ability Score Increase: Intelligence +1, plus one other ability of your choice.
- Skills: Proficiency with Arcana or Religion.
- Feat: Magic Initiate or Tough.
- Magic is Life: You gain one cantrip from any spell list.
- (Ylaruam) Common language is Thyatian. Bonus language of Ylari.
- (Hollow World) Common language is Neathar with bonus language of Nithian.
- Traditional Pantheons: Alphatian Empire, Nithian, Ylari
- Secret Craft: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Fireologist.
- Evolution (1st Evolution): Counts as the Neathar and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 1st evolution, there is a 25% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
- Cursed (Ylaruam): When dealing with other races, those Nithians of Ylaruam have disadvantage on all social checks.
Most Nithians have the Fire Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
- Ability Score Increase: Intelligence +2
- Touch of the Fire (fire aspected) While taking a short rest in direct sunlight or within 5 ft of a source of fire, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Energy (fire aspected) When using (or effected by) Fire or Radiant damage you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to glow red till the start of your next turn.
- Danger of Time (fire aspected) When hit by Cold or Force damage you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. Cold and force effects you use, have their attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Fire Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Fire Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Fire Genasi. With every genasi offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Fire Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Darkness (18), Earth (19), Water (20)
Character Options – All Fire Aspected Sub-Races
- Barbarian – Path of the Storm Herald (Desert)
- Cleric – Domain of Fire
- Monk – Way of the Elements (Fire)
- Sorcerer – Draconic Bloodline (Red), Elemental Essence (Fire)
- Warlock – Pact of the Genie Lord (Fire)
- Wizard – Elementalist (Fire)
Nithian Character Options
- Known World Locations: Ylaruam
- Hollow World Locations: Nithia
- Feats: Prodigy (xge75)
- Fighter: Battle Master (ph72)
- Ranger: Hidden Guardian (fkcc11)
- Sorcerer: Divine Soul (xge50), Pyromancer (psk), Runechild (tcs103)
- Wizard: Angelic Scribe (mhh76), School of Evocation (ph117), School of Illusion (ph118)
Nithian Campaign Examples
- None as yet
Nithian Racial Magical Items
The items from these people have a tendency to deal with egyptian style items. Search section below for (Nithian) to find all subrace specific items. They can also use (Neathar) items as if they were of that race. See Genasi Overview for a list of firechild items they can use as if they were Genasi.
- Nithian – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with egyptian style items. Most of these items have been taken over by Alasiyans, Thothian or Traladarans.
- Neathar – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nomadic stone age style. A Nithian can use the relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Genasi (Fire) – These are elemental fire based items. A Nithian can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Fire aspect relic trait.
- 2021-08-17 – Update to associated classes and magical items.
- 2021-08-05 – Updated the menu.
- 2021-02-22 -Wording cleanup to remove duplications.
- 2020-09-20 – Cleaning up the layout and elemental aspects.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.