Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Human of Fire (Thothian)
GM Approval Required
This is my take on the Thothian people using the five element concept.
Descendants of the Nithians and based on the Egyptian cultures. These humans are tied to the sphere of Energy. Their skin is golden, their hair black with a red or gold metallic sheen, and eyes of golden or silver.
Racial Build – Human Traits – Level 01 (Players Handbook and Level Up)
- Age: Young Adult at 14, Adult at 18 and live to 100 years.
- Size: Humans are 4 ½ to 5 ½ feet tall in general. Their size is Medium, thought in some special cases they can be Small.
- Speed: Your base walking speed 30 ft.
- Fast Learner (Level Up) With their short life spans, humans can acquire knowledge at a higher rate than more long-lived heritages. You gain proficiency in one additional skill of your choice in addition you require half as much time as normal to train yourself in the use of armour, skill, tool, secret craft or weapon during downtime.
- Intrepid (Level Up) Your survival instinct is remarkably strong. When you make an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, you can choose to gain an expertise die on that roll. Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Weapons Mastery (GM House Rule) Gains proficiency with one weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with this weapon, they are upgrades skilled level.
- Human Gifts (Level Up) Choose One – Diehard Survivor (p40), Ingenious Focus (p40), Spirited Traveller (p40)
- Class Options – Available to all Human Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
The Thothian people are an evolution from the Nithians. They are connected to fire and magic. They have a eastern Egyptian style to their appearance and culture. They founded a settlement in the Alphatian region.
- Height – men 4’ 3″ to 5′ 3″, women 4′ to 5’.
- Complexion – Golden skinned.
- Colouration – skin and hair tinged with yellow to metallic browns, brown hair with eyes of rich brown earth, leafy green or black.
- Known Locations: Alphatia.
- Traits – based on the Variant Human
- Ability Score Increase: Intelligence +1, plus one other ability of your choice
- Skills: Proficiency with Arcana or History
- Feat: Magic Initiate or Elemental Adept
- Ritualistic: When making a check to use a ritual from a book, you have advantage.
- Language: Common language is Alphatian. Bonus language of Nithian.
- Pantheons: Alphatian Empire
- Secret Craft: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Fireologist.
- Evolution (2nd Evolution): Counts as the Neathar, Nithian and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 2nd evolution, there is a 20% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Most Thothians have the Fire Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
Elemental Aspects – Fire Aspected Traits
- Ability Score Increase: Intelligence +2
- Touch of the Fire (fire aspected) While taking a short rest in direct sunlight or within 5 ft of a source of fire, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Energy (fire aspected) When using (or effected by) Fire or Radiant damage you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to glow red till the start of your next turn.
- Danger of Time (fire aspected) When hit by Cold or Force damage you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. Cold and force effects you use, have their attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Fire Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Fire Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Fire Genasi. With every Genasi offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Fire Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Darkness (18), Earth (19), Water (20)
Character Options – All Fire Aspected Sub-Races
- Barbarian – Path of the Storm Herald (Desert)
- Cleric – Domain of Fire
- Monk – Way of the Elements (Fire)
- Sorcerer – Draconic Bloodline (Red), Elemental Essence (Fire)
- Warlock – Pact of the Genie Lord (Fire)
- Wizard – Elementalist (Fire)
Thothian Character Options
- Alphatian Locations:
- Feats: Prodigy (xge75)
- Bard – College of Swords (xge15)
- Druid – Circle of the Land (Desert) (ph68)
- Fighter – Battle Master (ph72)
- Paladin – Oath of the Radiance (mhh39)
- Ranger – Hidden Guardian (fkcc11)
- Sorcerer – Divine Soul (xge50), Pyromancer (psk), Runechild (tcs103)
- Wizard – Angelic Scribe (mhh76), School of Evocation (ph117), School of Illusion (ph118)
Thothian Campaign Examples
- None as yet
Thothian Racial Magical Items
The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more mysticism egyptian style items. Search section below for (Thothian) to find all subrace specific items. They can also use (Neathar) or (Nithian) items as if they were of that race. See Genasi Overview for a list of firechild items they can use as if they were Genasi.
- Thothian – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with mystical or egyptian desert style items.
- Nithian – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with egyptian style items. Most of these items have been taken over by Alasiyans, Thothian or Traladarans. A Thothian can use the Relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Neathar (Base Human) – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nomadic stone age style. A Human (and all Human subtypes) can use the base human relic trait of all Human items.
- Genasi (Fire) – These are elemental fire based items. A Thothian can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Fire aspect relic trait.
- 2021-08-17 – Updated the Classes and Magical Items.
- 2021-08-04 – Updating menu and links.
- 2021-02-22 – Cleaning up the wording and adding details relating to the magical items.
- 2020-09-20 – Cleaning up the format as well as elemental aspects.
- 2020-03-23 – Structure and references.
- 2020-03-16 – Structure and human traits.
- 2020-03-08 – Structural Update.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
Dwarven Overview: Air (Hillbound), Darkness (Shadowbound), Earth (Stonebound), Fire (Craftbound), Water (Seabound)
Elven Overview: Air (Nomadfey, Skyfey), Darknes (Bloodfey, Shadowfey), Earth (Wildfey, Woodfey), Fire (Spiritfey, Sunfey), Water (Seafey), Elements (Seasonfey)
Genasi Overview: Air (Airchild), Earth (Earthchild), Darkness (Darkchild), Fire (Firechild), Water (Waterchild)
Gnome Overview: Air (Skykin), Darkness (Shadowkin), Earth (Forestkin), Fire (Tinkerkin), Water (Tradekin)
Halfling Overview: Air (Southshire), Darkness (Eastshire), Earth (Highshire), Fire (Heartshire), Water (Seashire)
Human Overview: Air (Hattian, Heldannic, Kerendan, Thyatian), Darkness (Nuari), Earth (Atruaghin, Ethengarian, Makistani), Fire (Alasiyan, Thothian, Traladaran), Water (Makai)
Humans Overview: Fire – Nithian
D&D 5E in Mystara
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Game Management – Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Gaming over Skype, GM’s Luck Roll, Tracking Experience
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
Library of Books
B5, d20 System, Pathfinder, SW
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Basic Links: Who Am I?, Home, Game Tools, Game Session Videos, My Campaigns, My Library, Site Map, Subscription Information
Game Systems: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder 1 & 2, Shadowrun, Star Wars. Other Game Systems
Site sponsored by the author AS Hamilton (my wife) with her books available on amazon kindle.