Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Human of Earth (Makistani)
This is my take on the Makistani people using the five element concept.
Based on a Mongolian nomadic culture mixed with Arabian desert culture. Descendants of the Oltec and Ethengar, these humans have taken on traits from the Earth Genasi with influence from the Sphere of Matter. Their skin became tinged with brassy-yellow, their hair a brown with a brass sheen, and their eyes earthy brown with brass highlights.
- Age: Young Adult at 14, Adult at 18 and live to 100 years.
- Size: Humans are 4 ½ to 5 ½ feet tall in general. Their size is Medium.
- Speed: Your base walking speed 30 ft.
- Weapons Mastery: Gains proficiency with one weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with this weapon, they are upgrades skilled level.
- Class Options – Available to all Human Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
The Makistani people are a evolution from the Oltec’s and Ethengarian who moved into the area from the east and settled, they moved south through the dwarven lands and settled on the other side of the mountain. They are connected to the earth, and especially the horses they travel with. They are the masters of the saddle, known for the finest desert horses in the world, and the fine horse trainers.
- Height – men 4’3 to 5’3, women 4′ to 5′.
- Complexion – Olive skinned.
- Colouration – Dark Hair, browns and blacks, dark eyes, mostly brown.
- Known Locations: Darokin, Ylaruam
- Traits – based on the Variant Human
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +1, plus one other ability of your choice.
- Skills: Proficiency with Animal Handling or Religion.
- Feat: Mage Slayer or Mounted Combatant.
- Desert Connection: During a short rest you can communicate with the spirit of the desert and know your direction from a place you have spent at least a week.
- Language: Common language is Thyatian. Bonus language is Ylari.
- Pantheons: Ethengarian, Ylari
- Secret Crafts: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Earthologist
- Evolution (3rd Evolution): Counts as the Neathar, Oltec, Ethengarian and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 3rd evolution, there is a 15% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Most Makistani have the Earth Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
Attributes – Earth Aspected Traits
- Ability Score Increase: Constitution +2
- Appearance: Green eyes, Veins, Skin or Hair are trademarks of Earth Aspected characters.
- Touch of the Earth (Earth aspect) While taking a short rest on raw unworked earth or stone, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Matter (Earth aspect) When using (or effected by) Acid or Poison you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to glow green till the start of your next turn.
- Danger of Thought (Earth aspect) When hit by Lighting or Thunder damage you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. Lightning and Thunder effects you use, have their attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Earth Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Earth Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Earth Genasi. With every genasi offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Earth Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Darkness (18), Fire (19), Water (20)
- Character Options – All Earth Aspected Sub-Races
Makistani Character Options
- Barbarian – Path of the Ancestors
- Druid – Circle of the Moon (ph69)
- Fighter – Battle Master (ph72), Cavalier (xge30), Knight Surgeon (fkcc8), Samurai (xge31)
- Monk – Way of the Drunken Master (xge33), Way of the Open Hand (ph79)
- Paladin – Oath of Vengeance (ph87)
- Ranger – Beast Master (ph93)
- Rogue – Inquisitive (xge47), Thief (ph97)
- Wizard – School of Abjuration (ph115), School of Conjuration (ph116)
Makistani Campaign Examples
- None as yet
Makistani Racial Magical Items
The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more arabian horseman style items. See all (Makistani) items listed below as your relic magical items. You can also treat (Neathar) and (Oltec) and (Ethengarian) as relic items as well. See Genasi Overview for (Earthchild) genasi items you can use is if you were a genasi.
- Makistani – The items from these people combine mongol and desert style items.
- Ethengarian – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more mongol style items.
- Oltec – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with mayan style items. Most of these items have been taken over by Azcans or Ethengarian. A Ethengarian can use the Relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Neathar (Base Human) – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nomadic stone age style. A Human (and all Human subtypes) can use the base human relic trait of all Human items.
- Genasi (Earth) – These are elemental earth based items. A Ethengarian can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Earth aspect relic trait.
- 2021-08-17 – Update to classes and magical items.
- 2021-08-04 – Updated the menu and links.
- 2021-02-22 – Linking in other content.
- 2020-09-18 – Cleaned up layout and added in changes to Earth Aspected traits.
- 2020-03-23 – Structure and references.
- 2020-03-16 – Structure and Human traits
- 2020-03-08 – Structural update.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.