Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Human of Darkness (Nuari)
This is my take on the Nuari people of the Pearl Islands using the five element concept.
Descendants of the Neathar and Tanagoro. Based on central american cultures and tend to have a British like accent. These humans are tied to the sphere of thought. Their skin is dark tinged with black, their hair from black to dark brown, and eyes are black or dark brown.
- Age: Young Adult at 14, Adult at 18 and live to 100 years.
- Size: Humans are 4 ½ to 5 ½ feet tall in general. Their size is Medium.
- Speed: Your base walking speed 30 ft.
- Weapons Mastery: Gains proficiency with one weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with this weapon, they are upgrades skilled level.
- Class Options – Available to all Human Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
The Nuari people are an evolution from the Neathar and the Tanagoro. They are connected to necrotic and entropy. They have an Haitian style to their appearance and culture. They are the people who form the island culture of the Thyatian Empire. They are counted amongst the best sailors of the empire.
- Height – men are 4′ 9″ to 5′ 9″, women 4′ 5″ to 5’ 5″.
- Complexion – white with traces of light blue.
- Colouration – dark skin with black, hair black to dark brown, with eyes of black and hazel.
- Known Locations: Thyatis.
- Traits – based on the Variant Human
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +1, plus one other ability of your choice.
- Skills: Proficiency with Acrobatics or Athletics.
- Feat: Athletics or Mobile.
- Navy of Thyatis: When fighting on the water, you don’t provoke an attack of opportunity from any square adjacent to an ally.
- Language: Common language is Thyatian.
- Pantheons: Thyatian Empire
- Secret Crafts: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Darkologist, Weaponologist.
- Evolution (2nd Evolution): Counts as the Neathar, Tanagoro and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 2nd evolution, there is a 20% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Most Nauari have the Darkness Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
- Attributes – Darkness Aspected Traits
- Ability Score Increase: Charisma +2
- Touch of the Darkness: While taking a short rest in an enclosed space without light, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Entropy: When using (or effected by) Necrotic or Psychic you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to turn completely black till the start of your next turn
- Danger of the Competing Elements: When hit by both Energy (fire or radiant) and Time (cold or force), or both Matter (acid or poison) and Thought (lighting or thunder) damage types in the same round you are considered to have weakness to the second energy type. If you are hit by both energy types of Energy, Matter, Thought or Time in the same round you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. If you use an energy type against those with the same aspect, you have your attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Dark Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Darkness Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Darkness Genasi. With every offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Darkness Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Earth (18), Fire (19), Water (20)
- Character Options – All Darkness Aspected Sub-Races
Nuari Character Options
- Locations: Thyatis
- Feats: Prodigy (xge75)
- Bard – College of Entropy (mhh33)
- Druid – Circle of the Land (Shadowlands) (ph68), Circle of Shapeless and Primal Terror (fkcc6)
- Fighter – Champion (ph72)
- Monk – Way of the Long Death (scag130), Way of Shadow (ph80)
- Paladin – Oath of Mercy (br194), Oath of Redemption (xge38)
- Ranger – Gloom Stalker (xge42)
- Rogue – Assassin (ph97), Whisper (mhh46)
- Sorcerer – Shadow Bloodline (mhh72), Shadow Magic (xge50)
- Warlock – Pact of the Hexblade (xge55), Pact of the Light Eater (mhh75)
- Wizard – School of Illumination (mhh88)
Nauri Campaign Examples
- None as yet
Nuari Racial Magical Items
The items from these people have a tendency to deal with roman style surviving in the seas, or on islands. See all (Nuari) items listed below as your relic magical items. You can also treat (Neathar), (Tanagoro) and (Thyatian) as relic items as well. See Genasi Overview for (Darkchild) genasi items you can use is if you were a genasi.
- Nauri – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with asian style items.
- Thyatian – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with romen style presentation, and bureaucracy. A Nuari can use the relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Tanagoro – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with african style items. A Nauri can use the relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Neathar (Base Human) – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nomadic stone age style. A Human (and all Human subtypes) can use the base human relic trait of all Human items.
- Genasi (Darkness) – These are elemental darkness based items. A Nuari can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Dark aspect relic trait.
- 2021-08-17 – Updating the classes and magical items.
- 2021-08-04 – Updating the menu.
- 2021-02-22 – Clean up the working and adding the references to magic items.
- 2020-09-18 – Layout cleanup and added in changes to Darkness Aspected.
- 2020-03-23 – Structure and references.
- 2020-03-16 – Structure and Human traits.
- 2020-03-08 – Structure update.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.