Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Human of Earth (Atruaghin)
- Atruaghin Heritage Details
- Atruaghin Traits
- Atruaghin Racial Magical Items
- Content Updates
This is my take on the Atruaghin people using the five element concept.
Descendants of the Antalians and Based on the American Indian. Descendants of the Azcans, these humans are tied to the sphere of Matter. Their skin becomes tinged with yellow to metallic browns, their hair brown with a metallic sheen, and eyes of rich brown earth, leafy green or black.
- Age: Young Adult at 14, Adult at 18 and live to 100 years.
- Size: Humans are 4 ½ to 5 ½ feet tall in general. Their size is Medium, thought in some special cases they can be Small.
- Speed: Your base walking speed 30 ft.
- Fast Learner (Level Up) With their short life spans, humans can acquire knowledge at a higher rate than more long-lived heritages. You gain proficiency in one additional skill of your choice in addition you require half as much time as normal to train yourself in the use of armour, skill, tool, secret craft or weapon during downtime.
- Intrepid (Level Up) Your survival instinct is remarkably strong. When you make an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, you can choose to gain an expertise die on that roll. Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Weapons Mastery (GM House Rule) Gains proficiency with one weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with this weapon, they are upgrades skilled level.
- Human Gifts (Level Up) Choose One – Diehard Survivor (p40), Ingenious Focus (p40), Spirited Traveller (p40)
- Class Options – Available to all Human Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
Atruaghin Heritage Details
The Atruaghin people are an evolution from the Azcan, who are descendant of the Oltecs. They are connected to the earth, and nature. They have a native American style to their appearance and culture. They are the inheritors of the region, being suppressed by the different cultures and races, and have forced their independence and cultural identity through constant warfare internally and externally. It is now so much a part of their culture that every year they have a structure for each of the clans as to who’s turn it is to go to war.
- Height – men average 4’ 6″ to 5′ 6″, women 4′ to 5’.
- Complexion – Bronzed skinned.
- Colouration – skin and hair tinged with yellow to metallic browns, brown hair with eyes of rich brown earth, leafy green or black.
- Known Locations: Atruaghin Clans
- Traits – based on the Variant Human
- Ability Score Increase: Constitution +1, plus one other ability of your choice
- Skills: Proficiency with Animal Handling, Athletics or Religion
- Feat: Savage Attacker or Tavern Brawler
- Totem (Atruaghin) Each of the clan members has three totems representing self, tribe and clan. Each provides guidance and can be communed with as per the Guidance spell or spending one-week downtime in meditation. You can also talk to each of your spirit guide normal beast version as if having cast Speak with Animals.
- Language: Common language is Thyatian. Bonus language is Atruaghin (Clan dialect).
- Pantheons: Atruaghin
- Secret Crafts: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Earthologist.
- Restrictions (Atruaghin) Forbidden to use metal armour, weapons or tools, doing so causes your totem spirits to no longer communicate with you, animals no longer understand you and make you an outcast of your people.
- Evolution (3rd Evolution): Counts as the Neathar, Oltec, Azcan and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 3rd evolution, there is a 15% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Most Atruaghin have the Earth Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
Attributes – Earth Aspected Traits
- Ability Score Increase: Constitution +2
- Appearance: Green eyes, Veins, Skin or Hair are trademarks of Earth Aspected characters.
- Touch of the Earth (Earth aspect) While taking a short rest on raw unworked earth or stone, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Matter (Earth aspect) When using (or effected by) Acid or Poison you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to glow green till the start of your next turn.
- Danger of Thought (Earth aspect) When hit by Lighting or Thunder damage you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. Lightning and Thunder effects you use, have their attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Earth Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Earth Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Earth Genasi. With every genasi offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Earth Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Darkness (18), Fire (19), Water (20)
- Character Options – All Earth Aspected Sub-Races
Atruaghin Character Options
- Locations – Atruaghin Clans
- Feats – Prodigy
- Barbarian – Path of the Ancestors, Path of the Totem Warrior
- Druid – Circle of the Moon, Circle of the Shepherd
- Fighter – Battle Master, Cavalier, Champion, Knight Surgeon
- Paladin – Oath of Conquest, Oath of the Radiance
- Ranger – Beast Master, Hidden Guardian
- Rogue – Scout
- Sorcerer – Lycanthrope Bloodline
Atruaghin Campaign Examples
- Mystara Tuesday Campaign – Paerodir (Ranger)
- Mystara Wednesday Campaign – Chum (Barbarian)
Atruaghin Racial Magical Items
The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more american native style items. See all (Atruaghin) items listed below as your relic magical items. You can also treat (Neathar) and (Oltec) and (Azcan) as relic items as well. See Genasi Overview for (Earthchild) genasi items you can use is if you were a genasi.
- Atruaghin – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with american native.
- Azcan – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with aztec style items. Most of these items have been taken over by Atruaghin. A Atruaghin can use the Relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Oltec – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with mayan style items. Most of these items have been taken over by Azcans or Ethengarian. A Atruaghin can use the Relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Neathar (Base Human) – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nomadic stone age style. A Human (and all Human subtypes) can use the base human relic trait of all Human items.
- Genasi (Earth) – These are elemental earth based items. A Atruaghin can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Earth aspect relic trait.
- 2021-10-19 – Updates to the subrace traits.
- 2021-08-17 – Update to classes and magical items.
- 2021-02-22 – Added in useful links and cleaning up the text.
- 2020-03-23 – Structure and references.
- 2020-03-16 – Structure and human traits.
- 2020-02-20 – Added in bonus language.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.