Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Human of Air (Heldannic)
This is my take on the Heldannic people using the five element concept.
Descendants of the Antalians and taking on aspects from the Sphere of Thought and the Element of Air, these dress very Roman like and have a crisp British like accent. Their skin is white, but tans in the sun. Their hair is blonde, and their eyes tend towards blue.
- Age: Young Adult at 14, Adult at 18 and live to 100 years.
- Size: Humans are 4 ½ to 5 ½ feet tall in general. Their size is Medium, thought in some special cases they can be Small.
- Speed: Your base walking speed 30 ft.
- Fast Learner (Level Up) With their short life spans, humans can acquire knowledge at a higher rate than more long-lived heritages. You gain proficiency in one additional skill of your choice in addition you require half as much time as normal to train yourself in the use of armour, skill, tool, secret craft or weapon during downtime.
- Intrepid (Level Up) Your survival instinct is remarkably strong. When you make an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, you can choose to gain an expertise die on that roll. Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Weapons Mastery (GM House Rule) Gains proficiency with one weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with this weapon, they are upgrades skilled level.
- Human Gifts (Level Up) Choose One – Diehard Survivor (p40), Ingenious Focus (p40), Spirited Traveller (p40)
- Class Options – Available to all Human Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
Heldannic Heritage Details
The Heldannic people are an evolution from the Antalians who moved into the area from the east and settled. They are connected to the sky, and weather patterns. They have a Norse style to their appearance and culture. Founding nations based on conquest and a fight for survival, they can be found exploring the world, fighting in other peoples armies or just standing out in the population being fairly tall for a human.
- Height – men 5’ to 6′, women 4′ 7″ to 5’ 7″.
- Complexion – Pale skinned.
- Colouration – Blonde Hair, blue eyes.
- Known Locations: Heldannic Territories, Northern Reaches, Norwold Region.
- Traits – based on the Variant Human
- Ability Score Increase: Strength +1, plus one other ability of your choice
- Skills: Proficiency with Athletics or Insight
- Feat: Savage Attacker or Tavern Brawler
- Innate Sailor (Heldannic) You can set the sails of a ship to catch the most pull granting a Insight check.
- Language: Common language is Thyatian. Gain bonus language Heldannic.
- Pantheons: Heldann, Norse, Norwold
- Secret Crafts: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Airologist, Cryptologist.
- Evolution (2nd Evolution): Counts as the Neathar, Antalian and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 2nd evolution, there is a 20% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Most Heldannics have the Air Aspected Traits, to select other elemental traits please gain the game masters permission.
Elemental – Air Aspected Traits
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +2
- Appearance: Pale eyes, blonde hair, white veins or skin are trademarks of Air Aspected characters.
- Touch of the Air (Air aspected) While taking a short rest in the open sky, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Thought (Air aspected) When using (or effected by) Thunder or Lightning you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to glow white till the start of your next turn.
- Danger of Matter (Air aspected) When hit by Acid or Poison damage you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. Acid or Poison effects you use, have their attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Air Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Air Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Air Genasi. With every Genasi offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Air Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Darkness (17), Earth (18), Fire (19), Water (20)
- Character Options – All Air Aspected Sub-Races
Heldannic Character Options
- Character Creation Options – Human – Heldannic
- Known World Locations: Northern Reaches
- Norwold Locations: Heldannic Territories
- Feats: Prodigy
- Heldannic Class Options
- Barbarian – Path of the Ancestors, Path of the Berserker, Path of the Zealot
- Bard – College of Swords, College of Valour
- Cleric – Domain of Tempest
- Druid – Circle of the Stones
- Fighter – Banneret, Battle Master
- Monk – Way of the Cobalt Soul
- Paladin – Oath of Devotion, Oath of Thunder
- Ranger – Hunter, Monster Slayer
- Rogue – Mastermind
- Sorcerer – Storm Sorcery
- Wizard – Doom Croaker, School of Divination, School of Enchantment
Heldannic Campaign Examples
- Mystara Friday Campaign – Camdu (Barbarian)
Heldannic Racial Magical Items
The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more viking and norse style items. See all (Heldannic) items listed below as your relic magical items. You can also treat (Neathar) and (Antalian) as relic items as well. See Genasi Overview for (Airchild) genasi items you can use is if you were a genasi.
- Heldannic – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with viking and norse style items.
- Antalian – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with european style items. A Heldannic can use the relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Neathar (Base Human) – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nomadic stone age style. A Human (and all Human subtypes) can use the base human relic trait of all Human items.
- Genasi (Air) – These are elemental darkness based items. A Heldannic can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Air aspect relic trait.
- 2021-08-17 – Update to classes and magical items.
- 2021-07-31 – Updating layouts and links.
- 2021-02-28 – Linking into region information.
- 2021-02-22 – Cleaning up content and adding in new links.
- 2020-09-18 – Content Cleanup and modifications to the Air Aspected part of the racial options.
- 2020-03-23 – Structure and references.
- 2020-03-16 – Structure and human traits.
- 2020-02-20 – Added in bonus language options.
- 2020-01-13 – Removed uncommon aspect making it a core playable race.
- 2020-01-10 – Updated the character options.
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds –
Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin),
Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Plamin, Camdu),
Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey),
Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey),
Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Lani), Weapons Master (Stonebound),
Monk – Way of the Elements (Tidal),
Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild),
Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey),
Warlock – Celestial (Llewell),
Wizard – Bladesinger (Nerye),
Dragon – White (Calcryx).
Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Xhall), Rogue/Cleric (Dracnomir), Rogue/Sorcerer (Yodrey), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.