Dungeons and Dragons – Mystara
Races – Human of Earth (Ethengarian)
This is my take on the Ethengarian people using the five element concept.
Based on a Mongolian nomadic culture. Descendants of the Oltec, these humans have taken on traits from the Earth Genasi with influence from the Sphere of Matter. Their skin became tinged with brassy-yellow, their hair a brown with a brass sheen, and their eyes earthy brown with brass highlights.
- Age: Young Adult at 14, Adult at 18 and live to 100 years.
- Size: Humans are 4 ½ to 5 ½ feet tall in general. Their size is Medium, thought in some special cases they can be Small.
- Speed: Your base walking speed 30 ft.
- Fast Learner (Level Up) With their short life spans, humans can acquire knowledge at a higher rate than more long-lived heritages. You gain proficiency in one additional skill of your choice in addition you require half as much time as normal to train yourself in the use of armour, skill, tool, secret craft or weapon during downtime.
- Intrepid (Level Up) Your survival instinct is remarkably strong. When you make an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, you can choose to gain an expertise die on that roll. Once you use this trait, you cannot use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Weapons Mastery (GM House Rule) Gains proficiency with one weapons of significance of your choice. If you have proficiency with this weapon, they are upgrades skilled level.
- Human Gifts (Level Up) Choose One – Diehard Survivor (p40), Ingenious Focus (p40), Spirited Traveller (p40)
- Class Options – Available to all Human Subraces
- Feats: Weapons Mastery
The Ethengarian people are a evolution from the Oltec’s who moved into the area from the east and settled. They are connected to the earth, and especially the horses they travel with. They are the masters of the saddle, known for the finest horses in the world, and the finest horse trainers.
- Height – men 4’3 to 5’3, women 4′ to 5′.
- Complexion – Olive skinned.
- Colouration – Dark Hair, browns and blacks, dark eyes, mostly brown.
- Known Locations: Darokin, Ethengar, Glantri
- Traits – based on the Variant Human
- Ability Score Increase: Dexterity +1, plus one other ability of your choice
- Skills: Proficiency with Animal Handling or Religion
- Feat: Mage Slayer or Mounted Combatant
- Horse Connection (Ethengarian) During a short rest you can communicate with your mount if it is a horse as if you cast speak with animals as long as you have been in its presence and cared for it over the last week.
- Language: Common language is Thyatian. Gain bonus language Ethengar. This language can also be understood by horses raised by Ethengar tribesmen.
- Pantheons: Ethengarian, Land Guilds, Radiance
- Secret Crafts: (Starting) Your choice of starting secret crafts include: Earthologist.
- Evolution (2nd Evolution): Counts as the Neathar, Oltec and Genasi races for the purposes of effects and magical items. As a 2nd evolution, there is a 20% chance for any offspring to be a Genasi.
Attributes – Earth Aspected Traits
- Ability Score Increase: Constitution +2
- Appearance: Green eyes, Veins, Skin or Hair are trademarks of Earth Aspected characters.
- Touch of the Earth (Earth aspect) While taking a short rest on raw unworked earth or stone, you can spend 1 HD to roll two dice and take the results of both.
- Power of Matter (Earth aspect) When using (or effected by) Acid or Poison you add your proficiency bonus to the damage (or reduce damage taken) and cause your eyes to glow green till the start of your next turn.
- Danger of Thought (Earth aspect) When hit by Lighting or Thunder damage you take additional damage equal to your proficiency. Lightning and Thunder effects you use, have their attack, damage and saving throw reduced by your proficiency instead of increased by it.
- Earth Evolution: Counts as a Genasi for the purposes of using Earth Genasi effects and magical items, but not as a Earth Genasi. With every genasi offspring there is a d20 roll to determine their elemental aspect:
- 80% chance of an Earth Aspected child (1 to 16)
- 5% chance of an one of the other elements aspects. Air (17), Darkness (18), Fire (19), Water (20)
- Character Options – All Earth Aspected Sub-Races
Ethengarian Character Options
- Character Creation Options – Human – Ethengarian
- Locations: Darokin, Ethengar, Glantri
- Human Feats: Prodigy
- Ethengarian Class Options
- Barbarian – Path of the Ancestors, Path of the Ancestral Guardian, Path of the Harrier, Path of the Totem Warrior
- Bard – College of the Jester, College of the Sword, College of Virtue
- Druid – Circle of the Moon, Circle of the Shepherd
- Fighter – Battle Master, Cavalier, Knight Surgeon, Samurai
- Monk – Way of the Drunken Master, Way of the Open Hand
- Paladin – Oath of Conquest, Oath of Radiance, Oath of Vengeance
- Ranger – Beast Master
- Sorcerer – Lycanthrope Bloodline
- Wizard – School of Abjuration, School of Conjuration
Ethengarian Campaign Examples
- Mystara Wed Campaign – Plamin (Barbarian)
- Mystara Fri Campaign – Xhall (Ranger -> Cleric/Wizard)
Ethengarian Racial Magical Items
The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more mongol style items. See all (Ethengarian) items listed below as your relic magical items. You can also treat (Neathar) and (Oltec) as relic items as well. See Genasi Overview for (Earthchild) genasi items you can use is if you were a genasi.
- Ethengarian – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with more mongol style items.
- Oltec – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with mayan style items. Most of these items have been taken over by Azcans or Ethengarian. A Ethengarian can use the Relic trait of the items as if part of their race.
- Neathar (Base Human) – The items from these people have a tendency to deal with a nomadic stone age style. A Human (and all Human subtypes) can use the base human relic trait of all Human items.
- Genasi (Earth) – These are elemental earth based items. A Ethengarian can use the relic trait of the item is if they are a base Genasi, just not the Earth aspect relic trait.
- 2021-08-17 – Updated the classes and magical item.
- 2021-07-31 – Adding in reusable sections for use elsewhere.
- 2021-02-22 – Adding in links and cleaning up content.
- 2020-09-18 – Cleaned up structure and Earth Aspected traits.
- 2020-03-23 – Structure update with reference.
- 2020-03-16 – Structure and Human traits.
- 2020-01-13 – Removed uncommon aspect making it a core playable race.
- 2020-01-10 – Updated character options.
- 2020-01-06 – Cleaned up the character options.
- 2020-01-03 – Added in ancestral traits and character options
Dragonkind Overview: Air (Crystalborn, Silverborn, Whiteborn), Darkness (Blackborn, Brassborn, Onyxborn), Earth (Copperborn, Emeraldborn, Greenborn), Fire( Amberborn, Goldborn, Redborn, Rubyborn), Water (Blueborn, Bronzeborn, Sapphineborn)
D&D Menu – Adventures, Artefacts, Backgrounds, Classes, Dominions, Downtime, Feats, Gazetteers, Gods, Magical Items, Monsters, Organisations, Pantheons, Races, Ranks & Titles, Rune Magic, Secret Crafts, Settlements, Spells, Timeline, Weapons Mastery
Class Builds – Artificer – Bombardier (Tinkerkin), Barbarian – Totem Warrior (Ethegnarian), Totem Warrior (Heldannic), Bard – College of Valour (Sunfey), Druid – Circle of Dreams (Woodfey), Circle of the Tree of Life (Seasonfey), Fighter – Battlemaster (Seashire), Eldritch Knight (Kerendan), Weapons Master (Makai), Weapons Master (Stonebound), Monk – Way of the Elements (Waterchild), Paladin – Oath of Radiance (Sunfey), Oath of Vengeance (Firechild), Sorcerer – Wild Magic (Shadowfey), Warlock – Celestial (Sunfey), Wizard – Bladesinger (Seasonfey), Dragon – White. Multiclass – Cleric/Wizard (Ethengarian), Rogue/Cleric (Atruaghin), Rogue/Sorcerer (Seashire), Wizard/Rogue (Traladaran)
Floorplans – Thyatian
Session Recordings – Campaign Journals
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.