Star Wars – Adventures
Force and Destiny – Core Rules
Lessons from the Past
I ran this adventure over 1 session on the 10th March 2017.
A chance at finding a lost jedi treasure.
The highlights of this adventure were the abilities of force users to drop in story plot points when they are built with see missed plot thread, or detect plot point abilities. Not exactly what they are called, but they work pretty much like that when used in the game allowing the games master to give direction as part of the game narrative instead of having to prod players. I also loved the ship, and was a shame to not be able to recover it as part of the storyline.
Episodes of the adventure:
- Introduction (4 pages)
- A Wealth of Knowledge (9.5 pages)
- The Wreck of the Sanctuary (5.5 page) and the return of the suggested XP awards for the adventure
The introduction talks about how this adventure can be linked to the Game Master’s Kit adventure, though it was not named at the time of writing of this book.
After the summary, it goes into details about how you can start this adventure and link in characters
Planets of the Core Rules
- Cerea, Cerean System, Semagi Sector, Mid Rim
- Coruscant, Coruscant System, Corusca Sector, Core Region
- Dagobah, Dagobah System, Sluis Sector, Outer Rim Region
- Dorin, Doris System, Deadalis Sector, Expansion Region
- Ilum, 7G Sector, Unknown Region
- Moraband (Korriban), Horuset System, Esstran Sector (Stygian Caidera), Outer Rim Region
- Ossus, Adega System, Auril Sector, Outer Rim Region
- Weik, Wild Space
Set on Eriadu, you get to meet the following characters in the adventure (Rival unless specified):
- Ashur Sungazer
- Campus Security Guard (minion)
- Eren Garai (nemesis)
- Armed Security Guard (minion)
Koler System Contents
Set in the Koler system, you get to meet the following characters in the adventure (Rival unless specified):
- Damaged Basilisk (nemesis)
- Tactical Assassin Droid
Equipment introduced in the adventure:
– Holocron of Val Isa
Vehicles introduced in the adventure:
- “Sanctuary” Hammer-head cruiser – no stats for this as its background only
- “Starhound” Simiyiar-class light freighter – uses stats from the main section of the book
This book contains a few really good set pieces. The first is the university, this would work for any storyline as a place to gather more information on a topic of interest, not just Jedi related.
Next is the ruined starship, while this one is Jedi specific, there is no reason that it could not be used as a set piece for other era’s or ship types. As the ship itself is not salvageable, gaining intel, or just using it as a remote bolt hole are all options that can be considered.
Actually having a holocron, and describing its personality is a valuable asset to have, as this can lead to further adventures down the track as various storylines can use the advice, or be used as a catalyst relating to the holocron. And as a final note, having one means that you don’t have to seek out a teacher.
- 2021-07-30 – Update to layout and links.
- 2020-04-27 – Structure and content.
- 2019-10-10 – Split from Core Rules.
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
The Star Wars Beginner Games: Overall Review, EotE – Escape from Mos Shuuta, This includes: The Long Arm of the Hutt, AoR – Takeover at Whisper Base, This includes: Operation: Shadowpoint, FD – Mountaintop Rescue, This includes: Lure of the Lost, FA – Discovery on Jakku , This includes: A Call for Heroes
The Published Adventures Campaign: Character Creation
(EotE) Edge of the Empire, (AoR) Age of Rebellion, (FD) Force & Destiny, (FA) The Force Awakens
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.