Star Wars – Adventures
Edge of the Empire
Beyond the Rim
Running the Adventure
5 sessions 16th July 2017 to 1st December 2017
This adventure is about the salvage of a ship in the Outer Rim that was lost near the end of the Clone Wars, with lost tech, credits and untold danger.
So the party manages to enter into this with killing off a future encounter with aggressive negotiations. They gain the intelligence they need to locate the missing ship and take off.
Arriving in a bad position they choose to use the force to fly into as many asteroids as possible without totally destroying their ship.
Then upon landing they stumble into every monster possible, sometimes even twice and manage to need saving by the survivors who they were there to “rescue” if alive.
Once they recover they then have to stop an imperial incursion with complaints about why their personal scale weapons would not let them take the imperial ship (GM was being nice by not using said ship to shoot the players).
I ended up moving the final encounter back to the Wheel instead of at Raxus Prime as they skipped most of the final section of the story, as players wanted to move onto the next storyline…
This did include an imperial awards ceremony as a case of mistaken identity.
Episodes of the adventure:
- Introduction (8 pages)
- The Tales of the Sa Nalaor (24 pages)
- Welcome to the Jungle (38 pages)
- Toxic Motherlode (23 pages)
The Wheel, Besh System Contents
Set on The Wheel, Besh Gorgon System in the Mid Rim, you get to meet the following characters in the adventure (Rival unless specified):
- Reom, Twi’lek IsoTech (nemesis)
- Shira, Twi’lek IsoTech (background only)
- Ceoloe, Human bartender (background only)
- Waroon Dak, Corellian infochant (background only)
- Sonou, Twi’lek shopkeeper (background only)
- Jilaa San, Sullustan mechanic (background only)
- Nols, Human shopkeeper (background only)
- CZ-332 (background only)
- Jokol, Duros bookie (background only)
- Hal Lars, human shopkeeper (background only)
- Brun Bax, Alderaanian (background only)
- ISB Agent
- ISB Supervisor Cal Alsen
- WED Treadwell Repair Droid
- Yav Yiyar, Rodian clanmember
- “Too Low” Talo, Sullustan clanmember
- Yiyar Clan Members (minion)
- Otol Nal, rodian clanmember (background only)
- Apoto, rodian clanmember (background only)
- Lasan, rodian clanmember (background only)
- Eshon, rodian clanmember (background only)
- IT-3PO “EYETEE-THREE” Protocol Droid
- Wheel Security (minion)
- Wheel Security Pilots
- Captain Shorwarr, Wookiee pilot
Set on Cholganna, Chol system, Outer Rim, you get to meet the following characters in the adventure (Rival unless specified):
- Green Bug Swarm
- Arboreal Octopus
- Bark Rat (minion)
- Cybernetically-Enhanced Nexu
- Captain Rel Harsol, Human (nemesis)
- Cratala, Arkanian cybergenius (nemesis)
- Survivors (minions)
- B1 Series Battle Droid – Modified (minion)
- Deep Dark Scout Trooper (minion)
- Arak-Series Probe Droid
Raxus Prime Contents
Set on Raxus Prime, Tion Hagemony, Outer Rim, you get to meet the following characters in the adventure (Rival unless specified):
- Imperial Navy Pilot
- Trandoshan Mercenary
- Yiyar Salvage Tech (minion)
Equipment introduced in the adventure:
- Energised Claws
- Leg or Arm Enhancement
- Reinforced Teeth
- Tail Spikes
- Vision Cycling
Vehicles introduced in the adventure:
- Nightflyer, YT-2400 Freighter (modified)
- V5 Medium Cargo Floater
- Wheel Security Starfighters, z-95-AF4 Headhunter
- Scout Trooper Speeder Bike – 74-Z
- The Deep Dark – Skywatcher-class Scout Ship
- TIE/LN Starfighter
- Jawa Salvage Skiff, Cargo Floater 3z
- Blockade Bandit, CR90
- Imperial System Patrol Craft
- ISO-One, BFF-1 Bulk Freighter
The Wheel is a must have section for game masters of the setting, it has a lot of use, and makes a good place for independent trade to occur in an Imperial controlled facility without being overly controlled by the Empire. Just for that section I can reuse a lot of the content here for contacts and further information.
As for the planet Cholganna, it has a lot of encounters that can be moved elsewhere, but as a location it makes a good Rebel base, or even some kind of smuggler, or pirate outpost. It is hard to get to so would also make an interesting Imperial secret facility.
Raxus Prime being a junk world has a lot of reuse in various scenarios, especially when needed to get pieces for outdated starships or information from ships known to have been junked there.
- 2021-08-01 – Cleaning up the links and structure.
- 2020-04-27 – Structure and content.
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
References: for Characters, for GMs, Dice, Items (Lightsabers, Modifying, Purchasing, Qualities), Knight Level Play, Mechanics (Awareness, Duty, Morality, Obligation), Movement (Personal, Planetary, Vehicles), Roles (Bounty Hunting, Investigations), Secrets (Empire, Jedi, Rebels, Sith)
The Star Wars Beginner Games: Overall Review, EotE – Escape from Mos Shuuta, This includes: The Long Arm of the Hutt, AoR – Takeover at Whisper Base, This includes: Operation: Shadowpoint, FD – Mountaintop Rescue, This includes: Lure of the Lost, FA – Discovery on Jakku , This includes: A Call for Heroes
The Published Adventures Campaign: Character Creation
(EotE) Edge of the Empire, (AoR) Age of Rebellion, (FD) Force & Destiny, (FA) The Force Awakens
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.