Star Wars – Edge of the Empire Adventures
Game Master Kit – Debts to Pay
Running the Game
1 session 24th March 2017
Obligations to the Hutts can bring interesting storylines. This one includes a visit to a mine to help change over ownership to the Hutt.
Highlights of the adventure was the Droid Rights movement, which worked well with one of my player characters, being a droid.
Episodes of the adventure:
- Introduction (5 pages) – the introduction could have been split into background and meeting the Hutt
- Oridium Mining (19 pages) – this could have used episodes to break it up a little
Set on Tatooine, you get to meet the following characters in the adventure (Rival unless specified):
- Bargos the Hutt (background only)
- Bargos’s/Rebel Gamorrean
Gavos Mining Platform Content
Set on Gavos, you get to meet the following characters in the adventure (Rival unless specified):
- EV-8D3 – Merendata EV Supervisor Droid (nemesis)
- R2-B7 – Industrial Automation Astromech Droid
- FX-769 – MedTech FX Series Medical Assistant Droid
- Peekay 4 and Peekay 7 – Cybot Galactica PK-Series Worker Droids (minion)
- 2D4, 2D5, 3D1, 3D7 and 9B2 – Baktoid B1 Battle Droid (minion)
- “Lookout” – Arakyd Searcher 2050 Exploration Droid
- BLL1 and BLL2 – Drendan Binary Load Lifters
- “Chef” IA Coo Cook Droid (background only)
- 3D-4K – Genetech 3D-4 Adminstration Droid
- Oridelve Minor (minion)
- Marv Moray
Vehicles introduced in the adventure:
- Storm IV Cloud Car
This adventure show cases the downside of Obligation, having to carry out an assignment just because you owe someone. This can then be taken up by the Hutts to get characters involved even though they might not have had any Hutt involvement in the past. Never underestimate how the transferring of obligation will affect the characters, as it will make them think twice in the future as to just who they have an obligation too.
The big set piece for this is the mining outpost, this can be reused in many places, as it has a great layout. On top of this it provides a good groundwork if you want to incorporate a droid rebellion somewhere else and need a guideline, this is a good example.
I would easily be able to reuse the material in this book.
- 2021-08-01 – Updated links and menu.
- 2021-04-06 – Added Adv to title to allow it to be found easier.
- 2020-04-27 – Structure and content.
- 2019-10-10 Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny sections moved to their own post.
Game Management: Annotated Stat Block, Character Creation, Choosing a New Campaign, Creating a Galaxy Map, Ending three year campaign, GM’s Luck Roll, Running Games over Skype, Tracking Experience, 2016 Campaign
The Star Wars Beginner Games: Overall Review, EotE – Escape from Mos Shuuta, This includes: The Long Arm of the Hutt, AoR – Takeover at Whisper Base, This includes: Operation: Shadowpoint, FD – Mountaintop Rescue, This includes: Lure of the Lost, FA – Discovery on Jakku , This includes: A Call for Heroes
The Published Adventures Campaign: Character Creation
(EotE) Edge of the Empire, (AoR) Age of Rebellion, (FD) Force & Destiny, (FA) The Force Awakens
This site is constantly under revision, no blog posts are final as this is a work in progress place for me to develop my game settings and rules. Some posts might be placeholders for future content, so feel free to check back later for updated information.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. For managing your subscriptions see Subscription Information.